Monday, November 21, 2011

It is freezing outside and I have to go hunt for cheese

We are on our way out for the day to pick up some last minute things for Thanksgiving, namely the cheese for the cheeseball which is at a store an hour away. 
Our family has the best cheeseball recipe ever, dating back to Minnesota 1970- one of my mother's fellow nursing school friends.
Here are some randoms:

If we are Facebook friends, you know that my husband bought my sister Mel and I pink tasers at the gun show yesterday. He showed me how to use it and it is so loud, Finn damn near hit the ceiling and bounced off.
Mel's friend was concerned about Mel with a taser. She said she would start saving for bail for her.


A few people asked why the big one isn't coming for dinner Thursday. He has 2 retail jobs at the mall in St. Louis and has to work at midnight. We did invite him.


There are only going to be 3 of us plus my husband's brother. With my family not being here and my MIL gone, it is going to be a very hard week. I am trying to make the best of it for the little one but last night when he asked how many people were going to be here from Tulsa and I told him none, he was visibly upset. I tried to explain to him how hard it was for everyone to get together this year but he went upstairs to bed.


We had a little scare last week when we tried to book our sister's weekend hotel. Online said there were no rooms at either hotel we wanted but when Mel called, they had one with a king bed. Since I have a king, I know 3 of us can share but I will bring my airbed just in case. We like to get our hotel right in the shopping/historic district so we can drink and not have to drive and when we have lots of shopping bags, we can drop them at the room as needed.


We went to see Breaking Dawn last night. It was maddening because people were talking loudly, crunching their food and bags, and texting throughout the movie. I had to shoot a few dirty looks which worked for the idiot man behind us who was not using his indoor voice. I eventually blocked them all out and got into the movie but I felt like the book was better. 


I love these quilted Uggs. They are definitely on my list.


These too!




Off we go, have a great week!!

8 comments:

  1. Please don't hurt anyone with your pretty pink taser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a YUMMY cheeseball. Driving an hour for the main ingredient is a commitment. Even though the holiday will be low-key with so few coming to join in the festivities, you all will have a GOOD time. A pink taser. How sweet. Don't use it unless you have no other option. Folks will sue. Take care. HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh funny has a taser! Nobody will be asking you for anymore refills!

    Love those shoes.

    I will probably wait until that movie comes out on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thing in common...my Mom was a nurse too.

    Went to the grocery store today for more creamer (heaven forbid I would run out)and I got the last two Snickerdoodle ones and one White Chocolate Peppermint. The grocery store was like bumper cars. Insane.

    LOVE the Uggs and the other shoes...we need to go shopping together. Deadly.

    Hope your Thanksgiving goes well. It's just going to be the two of us here. When you have 6 kids it's hard to get everyone together at the same time so we just visit with all them throughout the year.

    Don't forget to rest the knee.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, I think I must be behind in shopping for my Thanksgiving meal. Read: I haven't yet...shopped, that is. An......I am hauling it all with me to the Coast on Wednesday. UGH. Guess I better do that tomorrow, huh? We will have 12 peeps. 11 of which will all be under the same roof (mine.) For the ENTIRE weekend. Ahhh, that must be it....I'm in denial.

    It'll all be good. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL about the tasers! I think I'd be afraid to have one (did I say this last night? Seems like I'm being redundant). Glad the room got booked for your sister time! I know you are looking forward to it.

    I haven't had a cheeseball in years! But I bet your's is a great one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. People actually make their own Cheeseballs?
    Pink Taser? oh the fun I could have with that..lol
    Happy thanksgiving..it's actually all four of us for the first time in 4 years..yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Facebook - no fair referring to it if you won't friend us. ;-}

    This Thanksgiving is my first small one in a while, just the two of us, we're going out for dinner. We're leaving town on Saturday and I didn't want to make a bunch of food only to throw it away 2 days later.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!