Saturday, November 26, 2011

Our Thanksgiving was wonderful.
Everything came together nicely and there were 5 of us in the end.
Amazing food, good wine and interesting conversation. My husband's brother and a friend of ours, who is going to Afganistan in January to train Afgan police and works for the Department of Defense. 
I am really concerned for his safety as these people will turn on Americans for very little money but he is better off there than in Iraq where diplomatic immunity is no longer practiced (meaning there is no protection for our military or civilians and they can be held as POW's indefinitely)


We were in bed by 10 pm and up at 4:30 am so we could be in the city by 6:30 this morning for Mr. Funny's gallbladder surgery.
Everything went well with his surgery and recovery and he was feeling great which meant he got to annoy and torture the nurses and aides whenever possible.
While he was in surgery, I took a little trip to Target because I am insane to see if there was anything I could not live without. The store really wasn't too bad at 8am and I was able to find a few things but it got crazy around 9:15 and I was out of there.


We made it home, ran a few errands and I took a nap and while I was sleeping, my husband went to work to make sure everything went well today. He was told he needed to walk around a bit to help the air in his belly work its way out.  He broke some rules beginning with driving (the meds were out of his system by then) lifting a heavy box (he got busted by an employee) and overdoing it and then he insisted on meeting our friends for dinner (he ate very bland, healthy food) and drinks (not him) and buying an iPhone 4.
At some point during dinner, he coughed and loosened a stitch in his navel and blood seeped through his shirt so I ended the gallbladder removal party and we went home. I called my sister's boyfriend, who is a nurse, and after talking to Mr. Funny, he confirmed that my ridiculous husband would be fine.
I allowed him to finish payroll, eat some pie and play a bit with the new phone but he is sitting down, watching a movie and relaxing FINALLY!


I am going to bed now. It is exhausting trying to keep an eye on a grown man who cannot sit still.
Apparently, losing an internal organ doesn't faze him, whereas if I get a painful hangnail, I take to my bed.

7 comments:

  1. I am thankful it was a nice Thanksgiving! I didn't realize Mr. F. was having gallbladder surgery. How amazing though that he is up and around and doing all he did! Do try to have him not overdo it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my gallbladder removed back in the days when they slit you open from one end to the other. I was in the hospital 2 weeks with a tube attached to my body collecting draining bile. It was quite an ordeal. I envy your hubbys experience. I am glad he is doing well. I would tell him to be careful lifting, though. Glad you got to bargain hunt at Target. I was there at 2am. Wall to wall people, no carts. Loved it. Got home at 5am. Small Thanksgivings can be so good. Those intimate conversations worth their weight in gold. Hope your friend stays safe when he heads to the middle east. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be so stressed out with his inability to stop and relax. He's such a little booger, but it's also a great sign that he's feeling good enough to try and be so naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I'm glad everything went well with his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband almost didn't survive his prostate surgery. Not due to the doctors! They were great. No, due to his being mulish and not listening to ANY of the instructions, it was I who almost killed him.

    Sounds like you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moly. What is that man thinking! I am glad he is doing ok. I stayed away from all stores except the grocery store on Friday,. I figured nobody would be buying groceries the day after Thanksgiving - and I was right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Comment of the Week! I bow before you!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!