Friday, December 2, 2011

I have been under the weather these past few days, and by that I mean sick as a dog.
It started with a little cough and headache and yesterday it had moved into my sinuses. I slept till 2pm yesterday and then took some stuff to cope and ended up getting a few things done around this dump.

The little one has been sick since Thanksgiving. I assumed it was a virus so I let it go and made him go to school with Advil in his pocket but finally took him to the doctor on Wednesday. The doctor did a strep test which was negative and told me that it was indeed a virus. A 10 day virus. He said to give him Afrin at bedtime for 6 nights and to neti-pot after the Afrin kicks in to clear out the junk. Then Nyquil for sleep. The Nyquil knocked him out and he overslept yesterday and missed first block. He felt better though and last night he was making beeg plans for the weekend.
I took Nyquil Wednesday night and almost barfed it up but somehow kept it down. I haven't slept that well in ages, sadly, I slept all day anyway.




I was able to have coffee today and get a little computer time in but really, I have too much to do.
My husband had an early haircut and a million errands so I spent the morning on the phone with an old friend and got the house Cloroxed to kill the many germs. 




I still don't have any urge to get Christmas decor out. The bins in the basement require heavy lifting and the husband cannot lift until after his re-check appt. on the 8th, I am not lifting with my bad knees and the little one has been sick so we DO have excuses.



I did manage to get a few gifts ordered for my sisters. We are doing a girl exchange and a boy exchange so I am done with my part but still need to help hubby with his part. 




Next weekend is our trip to Eureka. We are passing on the spa stuff this year to save $$. Just some eating, drinking and shopping. I cannot wait!!! 



Finn took a little dip in the pond this morning because he is a punk. It is cold outside, for crying out loud.



The big one informed me that he would be home for Christmas and even my birthday (the 23rd) so I am excited for that.

I am loving this little ditty. Am I the only one who thinks Adam Levine from Maroon 5 is way hott?





Have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are back in the land of the living. This BUG still has me down with a 101 temp, chills, sore throat, etc. At any moment I keep thinking the antibiotics will kick in. Hope your little one feels better soon too. You're going to be so bummed to come back from Eureka with an undecorated house. Can you throw a few bucks somebody's way to cart the stuff upstairs so your hubby doesn't get tempted to do it himself. That is wonderful that your oldest is coming to celebrate your birthday and Christmas. I'm so happy for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a terribe virus that you/little one have! Good that you both were able to get some much needed rest though! I bet you are counting down the hours before your trip next weekend to Eureka Springs! I'm sure getting together with your sisters will help immensely to brighten your mood and perhaps get the Christmas decorations out and about when you get home!

    my gosh, we could be twins born of different mothers years apart (you are the younger). My birthday is so very close to yours.

    Glad Big One will make it home for both of those celebrations for you! I know it is good to have family around for the holidays!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating, drinking and shopping sounds like a FABULOUS trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam Levine is a lot hottter than THAT guy!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!