- Still no tree. The box is up from the basement though. Baby steps.
- The little one was using the leaf blower Sunday and spilled gasoline all over his good jeans and track jacket. I let them sit overnight in the garage to dissipate the fumes and then washed them. 4 times. Still stinky. I tried vinegar, baking soda and prayer. Back to the garage for a day. Another 2 washes. Done. I am sure there was a better way. Has this ever happened to you? I do know a magic way to get washed and dried gum out of the dryer drum though, if you care.
- My basement is a disaster. I have delivery guys coming tomorrow and I am hoping the little one got some of the mess squared away.
- We went to the furniture store today to pick out a piece for the basement. We are getting a new plasma tv for the media area (family gift) and it needs a stand. I found a very cool gaming sofa with recliners and cup holders. Had to get it and it was a closeout. Then I found a console table for the entryway. I talked the owner down and paid cash. There is also a beautiful chest I wanted for the living room. I didn't push my luck.
- My sister changed her wedding date a few times. It is back to March 3rd. For real.
- I have piles of bags stuffed in the corner of my bedroom and closet with stuff that has to be wrapped. I am procrastinating.
- I am still waiting for 2 more packages to be delivered before I can mail gifts. Zulily, I am talking to you!
- I mistakenly started watching Kourtney and Khloe take Miami on Netflix. Oh it is so bad it is good. My husband is disgusted with me for it.
- I also started watching Grimm. Like I needed more shows to watch.
- I am going shopping with a girlfriend tomorrow. Hopefully after that, I will be finished.
- One of the outlet shoe stores in our local mall is closing and had their boots and shoes marked down to $9.99. I got 4 pair. This brings the grand total of shoes I have bought in the past 7 days to 8 pair. In my defense, they were all seriously on sale. I did have to return the Born boots I posted a few weeks ago because the zipper broke the first step I took. I exchanged them for some brown loafers.
- One of the shoe stores in Eureka, Crazy Bones, has their inventory marked to half price the weekend we are there every year. I tried on a pair of Cushe loafers and they are amazing. I got these:
- The little one sings the praises of these shoes. He is on his 2nd pair and I will warn you that they are usually $100 but he wears them until they fall apart (they haven't yet) They are Reebok Zigs. I was looking at Finish Line online for a pair of Lego shoes for my nephew and stumbled on these for half price. I also got the little one a pair for half price. I wore mine today and they are so comfortable. The ones I got said "price reflected in shopping cart" and I was shocked to see how inexpensive they were. Here is the link if you are interested in a great sale!
I am not going to post all of the others. You will die of boredom.
- I wore a scarf to work yesterday and one of our older customers asked me if it was a style or if I had a sore throat. I pretended to cough on his breakfast.
I need to get going, my motivation level is dropping fast!