Saturday, December 3, 2011

Play along. Ok?  
1. Do you send Christmas cards? If so about how many will you send this year? How do you display the cards you receive? Or don't you? (gasp!)  I used to. I would send like 100. Then it got to be a pain (and expensive) so I only sent cards to the people who sent them to me the previous year. Now that the boys won't pose for family photos and my urge for the family letter (which always sounds pretentious) has dissipated, I am done. We do get some cards though.

2. When do kids become adults? when they can successfully live on their own without the help of parents, we are not there yet
 
3. Does your 'beauty regimen' change with the seasons? My skin is much drier in the winter so I use Aveda tinted moisturizer on top of regular moisturizer. I also wear a lot more blush as I am snowflake white.

4. What's something you like to eat that might cause another person to turn up their nose? Black olives right out of the can dipped in Italian dressing? Escargot? Oysters?

5. Gloves or mittens? gloves, my husband insists on buying me very nice ones every year but I lose them so Target gloves it is.
 
6. What's the longest queue you've ever been in? Was it worth it? Queue=line but doesn't queue sound nicer? the line at the Statue of Liberty (3 hours) and the line to get a table at Serendipity 3 in NYC (same day) (3 hours in the cold) The kids were ticked but I was happy so there.
 
7. Besides Christmas, what is one thing you are looking forward to in the month of December? our annual sister's trip, this year it is in Eureka Springs and my birthday which kind of gets lost in the Christmas festivities, and my oldest son joining us for Christmas

8. Insert your own random thought here. I am still sick and I am hoping to be fully well by next weekend. I promised Mr. Funny I would go to the doctor Monday. He is irked with me because I told him I was well enough to go to work today (he asked me 10 times last night if he needed to go in for me) and then wasn't so he had to go in. He planned to do leaves today which he isn't supposed to do (lifting the bagger) until after his re-check so I am just following the doctors orders since I know if he was home and I was at work, he would be breaking rules.
  Longest sentence ever.

5 comments:

  1. For the past 13 years, I have done these really cool cards with me and Jackson and then Harry when he came along 4 years ago. But not this year. I just can't face sending out cards without Jackson and having to say he died this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never sent out a single holiday card. We get a few. Maybe it's different with facebook since people keep in touch more throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your longest sentence ever! I remember helping my mom send out Christmas cards; she would always send out a lot; it was always fun to see what ones we would get in the mail. Now I maybe send out 10?

    I do hope you feel better soon! The doctor on Monday sounds like a good idea if you aren't better!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a cute post. I stopped sending cards when postage rates last went up. Now we do cards online. It's fun. I LOVE black olives and escargot. Feel better soon. I still have it, temp and all. Won't loosen it's grip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, bless your lil self, I hope you feel better soon! What day is your b- day? Mine is the 27th and always mixed with the holidays too, but hubby treats me soooooo good! I would love to go on a holiday trip each year with just my sisters!!! That would be nice if we all lived close by!!! Hope your well enough for the festivities!!! Bless you honey! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday too!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!