Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Observations and Stuff

  • I had a few emails this morning from blog friends, yes, we are fine. You are sweet for asking.
  • We had a terrible storm and a tornado or two, the town suffered some damage and loss of power and scared the weasels out of a lot of people but we had no deaths here.
  • It was pretty busy when I got to work this morning and went from there to insane in 20 minutes. It stayed crazy busy all day and  finally stopped around 2pm. We fed around 30 utility guys that had been up all night trying to remove downed power lines. I finally had to call my husband and ask him to come in and help the kitchen, it was ca-razy. Then I called in my next cook and server early. My husband came up to me later and asked why I hadn't called him earlier. I tried to do it on my own but people, it was too much for the Funny. I was so ready to get home and to my yoga pants today. I am going to blow off the nap in favor of housework. Right.
  • I have a crap ton of things to do and haven't really been on the computer at all. I have been tired. I have the elastic pants and a load of laundry going, accomplishments!
  • We went out to dinner with some new friends on Saturday night. We had a great dinner and then had to go up to work to check on the progress of the remodel.
  • We broke out the new (last year, used once) grill on Sunday and made some steaks, so good.
  •  Speaking of which, the new walls are in, just a bit of trim and finish work to go. New carpet tonight!
  • I have a consignment store where I take my clothes when I get sick of them. The owner called me today and had just gotten 2 pair of men's jeans with the original $160 price tag on them. She had marked them at $25 so I snagged them for the big one. Score.
  • I picked up a shirt and tie for the big one on Monday. Now everyone has new clothes for the wedding Saturday. I need to press the shirts and put it all in the garment bags otherwise it will never happen.
  • My hair appt. is tomorrow. Highlights and cut. I am thinking maybe no feather this time. Hmmm 
  • My stylist is coming in at dark o'clock Sat. to curl my hair before we head to Eureka Springs. I heart her. 
We have one of the busiest weekends of the year coming up and 3 of us will be out of town, I hope it goes well.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are all okay. Sorry to hear about the storms there. Feeding the ones who help to set things right after the fury of Mother Nature hits is a noble thing. Glad you called for reinforcements. Scoring those jeans at that price was really lucky. Hope the weekend comes together. I'll be thinking of you all. HAPPY! HAPPY! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that everything is ok as far as the storms. I am loving consigning lately! Nice work on the jeans! Can't wait to see pics of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are okay. I slept through the storms last night, but I heard it was bad!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!