Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C

C=

Cremnophobia-  fear of cliffs and precipices 

Something my son and his friend do not have. After breaking his wrist Thursday night (falling/sliding off a cliff) my son's friend now has a cool orange cast which he refused to let me sign. I was going to write "Cliffs, The Other Way to Die" on it but whatev.
Yesterday we were at the doctor having my son examined because he now has poison oak and sacroiliitis (an inflamed sacroiliac joint) (the joint which joins the spine and the pelvis). He had mentioned that he had jumped a few feet when he was helping his friend but he left out the part where HE JUMPED 15-20 FEET. The doctor told him that he was lucky he didn't break his legs or worse. Huh. Sounds like what mommy told him. He got a pain shot of Torodol (liquid fire, he said) and a Prednisone shot for the poison oak. He was also told to spend as much as possible walking and standing. Sitting is bad.
He is sitting here playing Runescape as I type so the shot must have worked.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my! What an adventure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Young ones don't think about getting hurt or dying and all those things. How scary!! I'm glad they are both going to be okay. Good grief!! Talk about giving you gray hairs!!

    Oh, and I learned a new word that is appropriate for me as I have a fear of heights in general. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adventure he and his friend had! I guess it is good that we don't know what they are doing until after the fact sometimes.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Make him get up! Even lying down would be better than sitting. I found out the hard way that things you don't take care of early on - come back to haunt you big time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The young are daredevils. I hope your son and his friend think twice before they venture into uncharted territory again. You can tell them to be CAREFUL, but it goes in one ear and out the other. HOPE he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Debbie took my almost exact comment! No fair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad everyone is fine!!! Geez!! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF HEIGHTS!!! No cliffs fo dis chickee!! Oh, and his Toradol "shot of fire" is basically ibuprofen, a stronger injectabable form. Hope he is feeling better. He could of done a lot more damage!!!! Bless him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohmygoodness!
    i'm pretty sure this will be my boys in a few more years.
    they think they are invicible.
    tordol is a miracle drug.
    thank goodness he was alright (relatively)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it makes you feel any better, my son went on a field trip to the dome of the state capital building. They were allowed to go outside at the very top. There is a high ledge for their protection. Weeks later when the film of the pictures he took was developed, I discovered a picture of his feet dangling over the edge of the ledge.

    I have a great fear of heights and ledges... obviously kids don't. I'm glad the little one is going to survive. He deserves a little pain I do believe.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!