Sunday, April 15, 2012

M

M is for Mexican food.

Our usual Saturday night date


M is for Margarita

Strawberry on the rocks please


M is for Molly

My sweet princess pup


M is for Marriage

At my sister's wedding


M is for Me. What this blog challenge is about.



M is also for Miserable. Which I am because I have a bit of a kidney infection. I am guessing from too much soda which my kidneys hate. I am taking my cranberry pills (hate the juice) and guzzling a crap ton of water which always flushes the bad stuff out. So my day is going to be drink, pee, repeat. Yay me.



M is also for Maryland. Annapolis Maryland. 



My 16 year spent most of his day yesterday building a resume of all of his awards, activities and accomplishments so he can apply to the Naval Academy. His ultimate dream is to be a Navy SEAL. 
You have to have a recommendation from someone in a high political office as well. We happen to know a few of those who know people and so on. Hence the resume. One of the ex-Senators of our state comes into our restaurant now and again. We know a few state reps as well. 


I saw this somewhere and liked it:


Have a bonkers day and take care of your kidneys.

11 comments:

  1. I hope your kidneys feel better soon, yes all the best people are bonkers i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! So sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope it passes quickly!

    Mmmmm...Mexican food and margaritas?!?! Those are two of my favorite things on the planet! Now why didn't I think to post about those for M Day?

    You are Marvelous and Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a margarita in ages. That looks so-oo good. For that matter so does the salsa and chips. Can I sit in, next date night. Or would 3 be a crowd? LOL You and the hubs make quite a team. I LOVE Molly. Such a sweetie. Good Luck to your son. I hope he makes it. Maryland is a GREAT place. And the Naval Academy, the best. As for you dear heart. it has to be all about you. That's why we read. ALICE is right. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mexican food! I wish we had some good restaurants here...

    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Ms! I hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the little one on his aspirations and best of luck to him! M is a great letter. Take care of those kidneys! They are not easily replaced ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. M is also for you sister Mel, the girl who helped your son with that resume for 2 hours yesterday when she had graded papers for 12 hours. I feel very ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WTG to Little One for his ambitions and aspirations! I do hope he is able to succeed! All great "M" except the kidney issues which are I guess "K". Lots and lots of fluids like you know!

    I have to say, that margarita looks delicious! On a hot day, I'm sure it is divine!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Mel,
    I had no idea how much time you spent with Nick because I was in bed dying slowly. Thank you or the help! I owe you a margarita or Nick does.
    You know if he becomes a SEAL Ima blame you when he goes on top secret missions and I am here worried sick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhh mexican food! what i wouldnt give for a burrito, chips and salsa, and endless enchiladas right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. best of luck to your 16-year-old!

    annnnd i get kidney stones, but ever since i started drinking a glass of simply lemonade each day (per doc rec) i haven't had a bit of trouble. it might be worth a shot! they have raspberry lemonade as well.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!