Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Midweek ramblings.


Does anyone else think Tom Cruise is just gross? I never was that impressed with him in Top Gun, Val Kilmer was the one who we all drooled over, but I saw the trailer the other day for Rock of Ages and when they add the long hair and he is shirtless, ugh. Poor Katie. That union is another story.

I wore the Jennifer Aniston perfume to work today. I really don't like it after all. Anyone want it?

I threw away 3 pair of shoes and took another 12 to the consignment store. My closet is still in need of an overhaul.

Is it just me or can you seem to get anything done these days? If I get a few loads of laundry done and the kitchen clean, I give up. I don't recall the last time I set foot in the living room to dust or vacuum it. The dining room table is cluttered and dusty and the carpets are dying to be shampooed. I can't make myself do anything.


I was looking sooo forward to summer but now that it's almost here, I am still sad because we never have time to enjoy ourselves. My husband works all the time and vacations are out. Even an occasional weekend away probably won't happen and forget about the return trip to Hawaii I prayed for next year. We might have a night to grill something or have friends over but everyone seems to be busy with kids' sports, work and other obligations. My sister's all live close to each other and get together often but there isn't ever a good time to go there or have them here with our schedule. I feel lonely most of the time.


I was so sad to watch the last Desperate Housewives. I have been watching since the beginning and I feel like I did when Friends went off the air. Abandoned.


Since we don't have cable or satellite tv, I always watched Real Housewives, Big C and Dexter online. I cannot seem to find any safe online sites anymore and I really don't want to purchase shows from iTunes. Sigh.

I have to go to the city to find some khaki shorts for baby long legs before his trip to Disney World at the end of this month. Do they make small-waisted shorts for people with 100 foot long legs? The Buckle is where I get his jeans so maybe I will try them. 


Wow, I am surely lighting up your life with this post.


Sigh.


14 comments:

  1. I dont mind Tom Cruise but I dont think hes that great either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sweet pea, I so get this post.

    I can NOT stand Tom Cruise. Never could. I've never seen Top Gun, or anything else he's been in, cuz he's always been icky to me.

    I gave up on household chores a LONG time ago. Thankfully, nobody around here minds much. :P

    I know what you mean about everyone being so busy. Thankfully, I'm old, which means my friends are old, too. Our kids are all pretty much grown, which means our schedules have opened up a bit. I still don't get to see them nearly as much as I'd like, but it's slowly getting better. Hang in there.

    I'm SO with you on the Desperate Housewives thing! I'm going to be so lost on Sunday nights. And, I felt the same about Friends. I did, however, buy all 10 seasons on DVD, which eases the pain a little. :)

    I don't have cable or satellite, either.

    Good luck with the shorts. I'm no help there. I'm always looking for large-waisted pants for people with 6 inch legs!

    Thanks for lighting up my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand Tom Cruise. I've never understood the fascination--and never will.

    It's not just you: I can't get anything done either. If I make dinner and wash clothes, I consider it a good day. I think hubby is starting to notice the dust covering the TV and the lint on the carpets. Oh, well.

    I understand the loneliness. I'm far from my family and have only one good (yet very busy) friend here. We don't get to talk often. Sometimes I feel like I never talk to an adult. (Well, besides my husband. He's not a girl, though--ha!--and I need girl talk.)

    Good luck finding the shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling a little down! My whole house is a mess but I just don't have the inspiration to take care of it. Sometimes I really wish I just lived in a one room studio apartment - it would be so much easier to maintain.

    I don't have a TV - and anyway, couldn't get any of the shows I wanted even if I did... so here's the site I use to watch stuff http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/ hope it works for you.

    I tried Dexter but it was a little too hardcore for me. Usually I follow Modern Family, The Mentalist, House and The Daily Show. I've heard that The West Wing is really good too though. And I did watch some of White Collar which was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, I can't get anything done either. Of gosh I'm not doing much around here; I'm thinking since the house is technically and legally hubby's he should be doing the cleaning, somehow he doesn't feel the same say about it though :) But seriously I really need another 2-3 hours a day to get things done. I feel like I'm always running and not getting anything done.

    How fun with Little One getting to go to Disney World.

    I do hope you could get a little time away or at least a little time to rest; I'm sure it will be very much appreciated!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did light up my life. just for the record. I believe in one of your posts you said the fragrance reminded you of sitting at the pool??? I wondered what you meant?? NOW I know. I too feel abandoned by the DESPERATE ladies. watched since the beginning too. My hubby and i haven't had a vacation in some time. We MADE an overnight and next day seem like a week in just 24hours. It was a whirlwind trip. But we had a blast. "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need." take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen and therefore never smelt the Jennifer Anniston perfume but I'll take it off your hands..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S where's the Survey? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life sucks eggs sometimes! Bleh!

    Here's to better times and laughing more!

    I have been gone for almost 10 days so I have a lot to catch up on and see what you have been up to!

    Off to read more!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. p.s. I don't like Tom Cruise either. Just another reason I like you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smile~ Be Happy! At least that is what the song says. If it makes you feel any better, I, too, am having trouble getting motivated.

    It is hard to carve time out for yourself when you own a business and children are involved. Hang in there!

    Hopefully you won't have too much difficulty finding long shorts. We are all short stuff here, so our problem is finding shorts that don't go half way down the guy's legs and look like capris!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I left you a "present" on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes!! I totally think Tom Cruise is gross! And I get you about the no vacation thing this summer! UGH!! I just want to get away for a long weekend. That's all. Not asking for much. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't stand Tom Cruise.

    Have you seen the Client List yet? I am really liking that show.

    I haven't had a vacation since...well, probably since I lived with my parents. My vacations consist of traveling to your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!