Friday, May 4, 2012

Ridin' Dirty

Today I was looking forward to doing a Favorite Things post with the help of my sister Mel but I didn't talk to her last night as planned and then this morning all of my plans changed.


First things first:
Mama got a sweet new ride


♪ They see me rollin ♪♫
♫They hatin
Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty♫



I wasn't looking for a new car but we stumbled upon this one and today it's mine.
                                                            
                                ♥ it!!!!

I spent the morning running all over town signing papers and getting it legal.




I was so exasperated at other drivers today. Everyone was going soooo slow and I had things to do. I wasn't speeding, promise, but seriously they were all like 10 mph under the speed limit.


Before I got the car, my husband asked them to do this:


He had my windows tinted, which I am not happy about.
I never had my others car done but he insisted. 


While I was running all of my errands, I spied this:



I started using the Jergen's self-tanner again this year after I read an article that said the "firming" kind didn't smell like the others.
I was laying in bed last night and sniffed my arm and it doesn't really smell that bad until the end of the day.
I started cracking myself up thinking about last summer when I visited Mel in Tulsa.
I had just gotten to her house and my other 2 sisters came over to see me and my youngest sister J told Mel "please get away from me, you stink!"
I thought it was a bit rude and assumed that Mel farted but no.
It was the Jergen's.
So Mel, try the firming kind. You can put it on and you won't stink till bedtime.
You're welcome.


And just because.



What are your big plans this weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Nice car. Tinted windows and all . . . Obama would be a fool not to eat at your restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new ride! You'll LOVE the tints once you've had them for a while. The car I have now DOESN'T have tints, and it pisses me off every time I get in to drive it!!!

    Glad you're not going to smell like flatulence this year. ;-)

    I'm gonna have to swipe that last picture. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME ride, indeed. How much does gasoline cost there? LOL Just kidding. Our van, I know a van... kids grown and gone, we still drive one. It has TINTED windows. We drove back from the East Coast with a pile of Christmas goodies last year and you couldn't see them all over the seats. TINTED is definitely a plus unless you're driving a cool vehicler the cops decide to pull over. Then the FUN begins. WHATEVER you do, don't show them your pretty pink taser. ENJOY your new wheels. PS) GLAD nobody is going to STINK now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool car!! After work tomorrow, I have a week off so I'm pretty excited about the weekend :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the car!

    Speaking of tans: I'm paler than pale right now but hate to be out in the sun. Go figure. Maybe I'll give the Jergen's a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for your new car! Love the thought of you zipping around town in it!

    By the way,one of the shop owners here is going to send me a pictures of his merchandise (jewellery and shawls mostly) so that I can share with all of you. And, if anyone is interested, he has an export license and can ship items to the States. I'll let you know when the pictures are up. From what I've seen of you on your blog - I think you would love the shopping here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your new ride. Stinker. Oh wait, no stinking while others can smell you this year ;) I'm just jealous. We spent the day at the Outlet Mall. I came home with 3 pairs of Bass sandals. Jim bought 3 paris of shoes too. We need a new shoe closet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Niiiiiice car!

    TOTALLY agree about the slow drivers. Why are they even on the road?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there

    I am just getting a chance to visit everyone that visited me during the A-Z challenge.

    I've read back through many of your posts---they all make me chuckle!!

    Love your new wheels!!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo!!! Congratulations on the new ride....and what a sweet ride it is!

    Our days are filled with gettin' the crops in the ground before May 10. The tractors are rollin'!!!

    My Mother's Day weekend is always a big surprise! Heeehehehe!

    God bless ya sweetie and have a magnificent week.

    Enjoy that beautiful ride! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!