Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekend

I hope everyone had a lovely and relaxing weekend!




Last Friday I hit some of the Memorial Day sales and found some great summer stuff. A few t's, tanks, some jeans for my husband ($11 at Gap Outlet, seriously) and the perfect maxi dress, which I will post a photo of when I wear it.




Saturday was {as usual} a work day for me and work it was.
Why is it that holiday travelers are always so cranky? 
Those of us that were working managed to smile and not slap anyone.


It was a HOT weekend. Sunny and humid too, my favorite. No lake or pool for us though, we hung at the Funny Farm.

Saturday night we met a friend from work for beer{s} We may have had a few too many to wash away the day.


Sunday, Mr. Funny wanted to throw an impromptu cookout for a few people. I spent the morning cleaning up {the dining room table has been a dumping ground for the last few months finally got it cleared off}



 and then we shopped for dinner. There were 6 adults plus the little one and his 2 friends {they hung out in the basement on the Xbox}
We had grilled chicken breasts, brats, grilled corn on the cob, watermelon, potato salad, pasta salad, and a chocolate Dairy Queen ice cream cake. I filled our colorful metal tubs with bottled cream and blackberry sodas, beer and Cokes and then made sweet tea and lemonade. We had so much food and drink left over but we always cook for a crowd. We just sat on the deck and chilled.

After everyone left I spent 2 more hours cleaning up while Mr. Funny discovered/fixed/cleaned up after a huge a/c leak in the basement which involved the shop vac and every fan we own. Relaxing is what it was.


Yesterday, the little one left for Florida. The band goes to Disney World every 2 years. He will be gone until Sunday.


We spent the morning yesterday getting some things done around the house and then went to the city so I could return/exchange my Sephora purchases. 
The girl helping me was adorable but my husband was worried. "I'm not sure you should trust a girl with so much makeup on" he said. {I wouldn't trust a girl without that much makeup on who worked at Sephora. It's a requirement, in my world.}
I ended up with some exciting goodies.

First {to replace the other eyeshadow palette}, I got this build your own palette

You buy the palette and one eyeshadow comes with it. I also picked up 2 more shadows {Walk of Shame, Sellout and Stray Dog- funny names, eh?} to add to it as well as this:
eyeshadow primer


and then I wanted some lipgloss {because I have none, ha!}so I decided on these:

Super Orgasm

Stella
I love Nars products.
And I needed more of this rollerball:

I love these little rollerball perfumes for my purse, they are inexpensive and handy. My sister J turned me on to Stella a few years ago and I love it.

I tried the scrunched, curly hair to go with the humidity. It worked out ok, I guess.

Tank and sunglasses are Ann Taylor Outlet

We stopped for dinner at Zio's.

 I ordered this carafe of sangria:


And drank it all myself {Mr. Funny was driving}


I wore one of my other weekend sale finds to work today:

Top and necklace- Ann Taylor Outlet
Tomorrow, a couple of us are getting together at T's house for lasagna. I am bringing the salad and the drinks {hmmm, maybe sangria?}


Thursday we are working on Mr. Funny's office.
It could very well be the spotlight show on Hoarder's. Piles of papers to be filed and well, too many things to even think about. With the door closed, I never know what is in there.

My husband got me these today. Loved that show!


Maybe I will have a marathon on Friday.


Saturday we have a birthday luau to attend. Our friend's daughter is turning 13!


Have a super week!

13 comments:

  1. Oo, Sista, you are BRAVE, exposing all that shopping and eating out to your critics. ;-)

    If only we lived closer to each other, I would have gladly helped you with all those left-overs from your BBQ. :)

    I guess according to your rules, I could never work at Sephora, huh?

    What time should I be over for the Samantha Who marathon? I'll bring the popcorn. And something chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a busy weekend! :)

    I like your hair. I wish I could do that with mine, but it's just too straight.

    The sangria looks great--much better than the beer I have sitting on my desk right now. LOL

    I've never seen Samantha Who? Maybe I'll try to get it on Netflix. I'm running out of good shows to watch.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to tell you - I REALLY like the scrunched hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try some of that lip gloss! Hysterical names, they're so you. Ha

    My hubby invited peeps for the impromtu bbq too and then at t-2 hours said he was going to go read the paper I (lost it) suggested he help out first. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your picture with hair a bit curly; looks good! Hoping Little One has a great time in Disneyworld and it isn't too hot down there. Fun with the BBQ and the sangria! Oh my gosh, that was one good looking carafe of it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've had a busy but fun time. Your dining room looks beautiful! Anyone want to come clear off my dining table? ;-)

    Love seeing all your new purchases and what you said to your husband is so true lol.... Sephora girl without make-up? Not possible!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVED the hair. That Anne Taylor tank pretty AWESOME. The shades make you look cool. I'm asking Samatha WHO? Never seen it. The sangria looks DELICIOUS. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. take care. GODPEED to your son as he travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and I would be deadly shopping together. I'm thinking Uhaul.

    LOVE the scrunchy hair...so beachy looking.

    Love to you and Mr. Funny.

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVED that Samantha Who? show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Samantha Who too. Why do they always cancel the good ones?

    You did a good scrunch job on your hair. Looks cute!

    Hope little one has a great trip to Florida.

    We did nothing for Memorial Day... unbelievable! It was fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a lot of fun stuff coming your way!! and good for you!!
    it is getting almost time for a sangria now....
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The scrunched hair looks cute. Both styles look cute.

    Yes it was a hot weekend. We spent ours camping and out on the boat. Thank God we have air condition in the camper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Samantha Who? I caught in re-runs and now, they're gone. My husband never aprreciated the humor...but she is hilarious! Maybe I'll get the series..... love your blog so far. I've got a lot of catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!