Sunday, June 24, 2012

11 Questions

I was tagged by Kelly at Dysfunctionally Functional!
I am totally going to blame her when nothing gets done today.

You must post these rules:

1. Each per­son must post 11 things about them­selves on their blog.
2. Answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post.
3. Cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
4.You have to choose 11 peo­ple to tag and link them on the post. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her. No tag backs, and you legit­i­mately have to tag 11 people. 
 
                                   Part 1

1. I have gone back and forth about quitting blogging.
2. I just learned that I can drink straight vodka. If it is smooth. And preferably has some olives in it. I still like a good dirty martini or a vodka tonic but I CAN drink it straight.
3. I am a pretty strong person. I have gone through some pretty awful things in my life and I made it. I am insane for it though. Something has to give and it was my state of mind.
4. I always knew I would have boys.
5. Certain songs make me burst into tears. Josh Groban, Kate Bush and Enya are responsible. Not every song of theirs. Just a few. The songs remind me of certain times in my life and I cry every time.
6. I love coffee. Hot, iced or frappucino. I blame my mother.
7. I say this often but I love summer. It is hotter than hell today but I love it.
8. My husband is probably going to leave me for another woman at some point. I am no longer fun, skinny (he says he doesn't care and that I am hot but I own a mirror so that is bullshit), a sex maniac, inexpensive or fairly low maintenance. I don't like to mingle with people (he loves people), I hate riding in the Jeep with the top down or doors off (his favorite summer activity next to sex) I detest most of his movies (drug dealers, car chases, action), he wants to buy an RV and travel the U.S. when we retire (I want to move to Hawaii) I like to sleep a lot (when he gets up for the day, he is up), and I am pretty much a dud. I have prepared myself for the rejection my entire marriage though. He says he is staying with me forever but I have serious doubts.
9. I hate wearing shorts.
I will wear them around the house but in public, I wear jeans. I cuff them or wear ankle jeans so they are summery or I wear knee length skirts or maxi dresses.
I wish I looked good in shorts and when I see someone in cute shorts with nice legs, I want to stab them.
10. I love sorting and washing clothes. I hate putting them away.
11. I love hip hop music. Didn't used to.



Part 2 
My 11 Questions
1. Which is worse:  failing or never trying? Failing. Therefore, some things I never try for fear of failing.
2. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? Um. I broke up with a guy I thought I would marry and be with forever (he cheated) and after getting back together a time or 2, told him it was over for good even though it was incredibly painful. Shortly after that, I met Mr. Funny and the rest is history.
3. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Actually, yes. Most weeks are the same. Same schedule, same list, same things. I hate it.
4. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? My sisters and brother (in Tulsa) and sister in law (in NJ). And their kids. I rarely see any of them.
5. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? No
6. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Some people prefer misery to love?
7. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? I would pay our restaurant building and land off, which would take all of the money. 
8. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Pride.
9. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? When I fall asleep every night.
10. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Never make new ones. I only have my mom in memories.
11. Which is worse:  when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? The second part. My good friend just recently moved away and I still talk to her often.

                                  Part 3

1. Why did your parents choose your name? Does it mean something?
2. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not.
3. Do you think any president will be able to fix our economy? Do you feel like things are better or worse with the current president.
4. Favorite time of year. Why?
5. Favorite item of clothing, past or present.
6. Name the strangest pet you ever had.
7. If you could take a week off and travel anywhere with money and time away not an issue, where would you go and why?
8. Do you miss a time when we didn't have cell phones are you happy for the latest inventions?
9. What is the one thing you dread more than any other thing? Be honest. 
10. Are you high maintenance? Hair, nails, clothing, looking perfect, massages, etc. If so, do you do it to make yourself look better or to FEEL better.
11. Insert random thought about me here. I am out of questions.
 

                                   Part 4

2. Robin
5. Rita
6. Deanna
7. Stacey
9. Dana 

I pick people who are likely to respond or people who read me and comment often. If you want to play along, link up and leave it in my comments.
 
 Done.









 

13 comments:

  1. Okay, I just typed a big comment and blogger lost it :(

    was going to say, I enjoyed reading your answers; I don't think your husband will ever leave you; I think you guys have a great marriage and I think you'll work it out where you'll go after you retire, but these days who can afford to retire?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh stop, you are gorgeous and doing just fine. I'm sure your hubby feels lucky to have you! Me and my hubby are so totally opposite in so many ways. I often wonder how it is that we get along so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Fun to read these new bits of information about you :) One thing though, you and Mr Funny are awesome and he's with you for good! I have spoken ;-) I'll post about this soon on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great questions wonderful answers and better still I learnt a bit more about you today and that is always great...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this...it was so informative and fun. Some of your answers would be exactly what I would say. thanks for thinking of me. I will have this on my blog ASAP....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh Groban makes me cry too. I swear, he has the perfect voice. Lovely, revealing post. I hate wearing shorts too. Your husband will not leave you. There's too much invested there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are hot. I think your husband ain't going nowhere. Watch the vodka. My hubby thought it was smooth going down too. Lost track of alot of things because of it. Wise move to pay things off if you won the lottery. No RV's for me either. I want to gaze at the place where the sky meets the water on a deck chair every day. GREAT answers. TAKE CARE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :-)

    I'll totally take the blame for this meme consuming your entire day. Hell, it took me nearly a month to complete my tags! LOL!

    Great answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I am in....the answering will be the easy part...coming up with questions will be my hard part...hmmmm I think? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm surprised you picked me, because I really wasn't likely to respond. But I do fit the criteria of commenting often. Anyway, I liked your questions, so I followed that rule! Thanks for tagging me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't quit blogging--I look forward to your posts!

    I'm with you when it comes to putting clothes away. The kids' clothes are currently in stacks on tops of their dressers--and that's not because I'm packing. LOL

    This is fun! Thanks for tagging me. I probably won't be able to do mine until after my trip--I'll be gone for about two weeks--but I'll get to it as soon as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was fun! Thanks for tagging me. It was fun to learn more about you too. I'm completely with you on #5 and #9. There is just something about certain songs that make you cry! And I hate shorts too. Even in high school I hardly wore them, because my legs never, ever get tan, no matter how hard I've tried.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!