Friday, June 29, 2012

Favorites

I got up early (I know) to get a few things done before my 1:30 hair appointment (which takes 3 hours) 
I wanted to drink 64 oz. of water to help flush my stupid kidneys, have my coffee outside before it is surface of the sun hot, water my plants and trees out back (I watered the front flowers and plants last night and had to fill my fountain since the heat evaporated a lot of the water out of it) and have some quiet time.
Ok. I get a lot of quiet time.
I also want to lay on my bedroom deck and get a teensy bit of sun.


Ok, now you finally go about your day.
But wait, there's more!


Recently I have tried a few new things.


Here are a few of my favorites.


I really like the smell of Tide regular powdered detergent and original Downy. I bought this Downy scent booster a few months ago and add it to the wash cycle (with the regular Downy). Love it!


I saw these at the grocery store last week. (don't look, Mel)
They. Are. Freaking. Good.
I got 2 different kinds (they come in minis too) I didn't get the minis.


I love Mally makeup.
My mom was a QVC-aholic and she would give me all kinds of goodies.
Mally wasn't usually one of them because she loved it so much.
I found a YouTube video with some drug store items which were as close to the more expensive brands as possible. (you will have to hunt for this video, it is one of her drug store dupes)
One of my very favorites, that she gave me for my birthday one year, was the Mally Glow blush.
I tried this one, as Emily suggested, and she was right. 
And it was less than $10 at Walmart.
I use it over my bronzer on the apples of my cheeks.
Love it.




I have a few favorites in the high-end makeup lines. tarte, Stila, Two-Faced, and Benefit to name a few.
I tried this
And this


But wasn't impressed with the lasting power of either.
I spotted this at Target the other day and then again at Walgreens and Walmart and for the price, it was worth trying. (half of what the others cost)

I am simply in love with this product.
Just Bitten Kissable balm stain. I got the Honey color.
It goes on smoothly and has a slight staining quality to it. It is identical to the more expensive ones and the colors are gorgeous. I am going back to get a few more.
I remember trying the ones like this, which went on like a magic marker and dried my lips out. No way.

I really love this Korres Mango Butter lipstick. I got it in Natural Pink and the color goes with everything.



I am still really happy with the Dove shampoo, conditioner and leave in detangler spray in the Nourishing Oil Care.
It just might be my new favorite line (and I am devoted to Aveda hair products) and you cannot beat the price. It also smells amazing.


I starting using this at the beginning of spring and I still really like it.
It smells like summer and a little goes a long way. I use it on my arms, shoulders and chest (haven't tried it on my legs yet) daily.


My pedicurist used this on my legs last week.
It was amazing. Smells good, feels good.
Kind of pricey at $40.
I am adding it to my list of wants though.
I do have the Caribbean Therapy body creme and use it in the winter when I am parched and pasty.


I got this award today from Robin. Thank you so much!
Here are 7 more things about me as if you don't know everything already


1. I have a Corgi/Jack Russell mix named Molly. I adore her. She annoys the hell out of my husband and he calls her "the rat". 
2. My favorite movie of all time is When Harry Met Sally. Serendipity is a close second. Killers and The Ugly Truth are movies I could watch every day too.
3. If I have a favorite tv series and it ends (or ends for the season), I buy it on dvd, so I can watch it forever. I have Sex and the City, Weeds, Californication, Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls, Dexter and some others I forget.
4. I never thought Seinfeld or The Office were the least bit funny. 
5. I sleep on my left side with the covers pulled over my right shoulder and the fan next to the bed blowing on me (and the dogs who sleep on my side of the bed)
6. I used to bite my nails. Now they grow like crazy and I have to clip them often. I never bite them.
7. I don't like to eat breakfast in the morning. Even if I am starved, I wait till 11 or later to eat or my stomach hurts all day. I do drink lots of coffee and water with lemon.
Have a good weekend!

23 comments:

  1. I DID buy the mini Magnums a week or so ago and LOVE them!!!! I bought the same two flavors.

    I LOVE the smell of Dove's hair stuff. I've been thinking about trying that scent booster stuff, but I've been afraid it would be overwhelming. It doesn't take much to give me a headache and/or make me sneeze :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike!
      The Downy is a bit strong, ou might want to skip it.

      Delete
  2. Ha, I thought I was the only one who did not find the Office funny (although I do like Seinfeld--not so much him but the other three are funny).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son thinks there is something wrong with me because I hate that show. Maybe because I have never worked in a cubicle or shared office.

      Delete
  3. If you like white chocolate, try the white Magnums-Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sesame oil. Your Korres Mango Butter lipstick sounds good enough to eat. LOL Unfortunately I used to bite my nails as a child. And then as an adult I did lots of furniture refinishing and they looked like hell too. Only time I could get 'em to grow was when I took cholesteral meds for a month??? Weird huh? I don't think The Three Stooges are funny, but everyone else did??? You are sweet. congrats on the award. take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would love the sesame oil!
      The Stooges were dumb!

      Delete
  5. I may have to try the lip stain. I stopped wearing lipstick altogether as I sip all day and smoke off and on and wear it all off.
    Barbara
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just reapply all day. Try the stain, tell me what you think.

      Delete
  6. I got the Dove conditioner but tend to do nothing with my hair in the summer with the pool, so it's just been in a bun with bangs. Maybe someday I will see its effects. I want the leave-in spray too.

    You're killing me with the Magnums.

    I want to also get some of that Revlon lipstick. I like the Clinique, but it just doesn't stay on. And did you not try my trick with the lip stain? I tell you, it's good stuff. I also had some of that Aveda scrub that Brett got me for Christmas a few years ago. I actually think I still have it somewhere as I'm not a big scrub girl. But he also got me the candle and I love that although the wick is kinda of a pain in the ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What trick?
      Are you offering the scrub? I have 3 of the candles and love the rub the soy wax on my dry hands.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the lip product recommendations. I've been searching for something that actually stays on.

    Love Sex and the City! I should Netflix it again soon.

    Have a good weekend! I might have written that on your Thursday post, too. Sorry. My mind is a sieve lately... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a safe and fun trip and don't go insane!

      Delete
  8. love your makeup advice. I've tried the lip stains but they are so dry and my lips are NOT smooth anyways (because I bite them too much)... i will have to try the Just Bitten. Will also look for the body oil. sounds great for my skin. Aging skin isn't pretty and the sun doesnt' help matters. Mine is so dry. this sounds amazing.
    advice....what kind of foundation do you recommend? I can't do the pricey stuff... maybe Walgreens or Walmart? I need a good sunscreen and preferrably a liquid... powder foundations leave my skin dry.
    any advice would be appreciated. Oh, and it must last all day. I hate makeup that looks like I'm not wearing any... but i don't like the "caked-on" look either,

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use both Aveda tinted moisturizer ( not cheap) and Revlon Photo Ready (SPF 20 and around $12)
      There are some Revlon Color Stay foundations that Emily was talking about in the video.
      Click on the YouTube link I posted
      I love the coverage of the Photo Ready. I wear lots of foundation, concealer and powder and it never looks caked on. The secret is to moisturize and I would suggest a primer to smooth the skin. ELF has a cheap and good one (you can get it at Target) I have used the really expensive ones and they are no better.

      Delete
  9. Magnums are dangerous. The white chocolate ones are my fave. I love the Neutrogena and will be hunting for the blush you suggested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the second white chocolate fan!
      I got the blush at Walmart.

      Delete
  10. I use the body oil, too. Nice! don't have to use much and doesn't leave residue to get on your clothes.
    I had a Magnum once and it was heavenly--just chocolate one with white ice cream inside, but so good! These are fancy. ;)
    I've been a Pantene fan for years. I try something different now and again, but it's my go to for my thin fine limp hair. :)
    Have a super weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband loves Pantene.
    I used it for years, then they changed the formula and it made my hair heavy and frizzy. Mine is thick though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when somebody else has heard of and watched Wonderfalls. My husband and I loved that show. I'll have to try some of your favorites, especially the Dove products. The Magnum bars are so dangerously good. The first time I had one was 12 years ago in France, then 2 years ago in France again. I was so excited when I saw them in the Target freezer section last year, but I knew I was in a lot of trouble too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, those magnums look delicious! started a diet today so not heading down the ice cream aisle any time soon, but boy they sure look good!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never liked the Office either. My husband always thought it was funny, and I never could understand why.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!