Friday, June 8, 2012

Links. Yes Links.

It is Friday and I have a crapload of cleaning to do since these dogs aren't going to vacuum up their own hair tumbleweeds.....
Therefore, I am going to show you (in links) what I purchased for next to nothing.


Buckle has some great jewelry and a bunch is on sale.
I ordered this jeweled necklace and this seed bead bracelet and this multi row necklace and this multi textured bead bracelet  and also this multi wrap bracelet.


I am still really liking the Dove Nourishing oil shampoo, conditioner and leave-in spray. I have quite a few shampoos in my rotation but this one is a must-have for my platinum hair to keep away the brassiness. I get the liter bottle and it lasts me a year or so. I also use the conditioner once a week (if you use it too much, the blond will turn purple) and I use some of the other Aveda shampoos as well. 

I like to watch these Youtube makeup tutorials and this one is a new favorite. I love it when she finds drugstore makeup that matches the high end ones. I am not picky, I love any and all makeup if it stays put because the only thing I reapply during the day is lipgloss. I have never really found a long wearing gloss or lip stain that isn't drying so if you have a favorite for me to try, let me know.

We have been working with a local screen printer to have some t shirts made. So far he has some good logos for what I asked for. We get a lot of people traveling this time of year and some have asked for a shirt for their travels. I have talked to people from all over the world that are traveling Rt.66 and I meet some really interesting people.


We have a big town celebration tomorrow night with booths of all sorts and fireworks. We are going with our friend who is running for coroner and her family to help her campaign. I am kind of excited to have something new and different to do on a Saturday night.

We have had some wonderful summer weather here the past couple of days (minus the humidity!) and I spent some time on our bedroom deck with the sunshine, a book and some lemonade. 

I am ready to make a big batch of sweet tea, although I bought a few gallons of this Gold Peak tea Monday out of laziness. It keeps the kids from drinking too much soda and since I just stocked my garage fridge with the summer drinks (lemonade, limeade, orange, strawberry, cherry and grape Crush, Dr. Pepper, Coke, rootbeer, Sprite, tea, bottled water, oj, chocolate milk and of course beer. And then tonic water for mixers. Who's coming over?? It seems like there are always people coming and going and this way they can help themselves. I buy most of the drinks at Sam's (it is cheaper) but I ordered the Crush from our Pepsi purveyor this time.

Have a great weekend!












14 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I'm parched. Anything to drink around here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bracelets and such good prices. About the shampoo..I used to use Wen (like you see on the infomercials...) but I just cannot afford it. I love what it did for my hair, but it's too expensive for me...i have been trying to find something comparable. My hair is so dry and frizzy looking. Would the Dove Nourishing oil shampoo be good you think? Would love your opinion.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, I really like all of the Dove shampoos and conditioners. Try the oil kind or the intensive therapy conditioner. They also have an oil serum to use after the spray in conditioner. Walgreens had all Dove buy one get one free the other day. Another good one is the Garnier (bright green bottle) but the best help would be some type of serum or morroccan oil (they have all kinds at Walgreens) or argan oil before you blow dry (on the ends) and then maybe comb a little through with your fingers when it is dry. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment..... I should know better than to blog from my Droid. For whatever reason, my comments never show up. I went right out over the weekend and bought my Dove shampoo and conditioner and love it! My hair is so soft, but the frizz was still an issue on the ends. I had an appointment with the hairdresser yesterday and she ended up cutting off 2 inches. I was sick, but it needed it I guess. I'm still going to use Dove, in hopes my hair wont' get so bad. I've yet to get to a Walgreens. We don't have one local.
      I love all of your tips... am now going back through reading your makeup tips and suggestions. am making me another list of must-haves!
      thanks again and thanks for following!!!!

      Delete
  4. Let me know if you get any tips about the lip gloss or stain. :)

    I'm always interested in hearing about people's reading spots, and yours sounds great! I need a bedroom deck. :) What are you reading?

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana, I am reading Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind by Ann B. Ross and also What the Night Knows by Dean Koontz. Strange combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of bevvies! And only one that I can drink. Sads. I like the Cover Girl lip stains. Just be careful of the color you pick because they are not very true to the tube color. Once they dry, just put a coat of shimmer or gloss over them and the color stays all day. I haven't noticed them drying out at all. I'm sure the gloss helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. T-Shirts are a GREAT idea. People LOVE buying them when they travel. I speak from experience. LOL The bracelets are NEAT. And that lemonade sounds delish. WHAT book was it??? Hope you had a wonderful time at the festival. It's always nice to change things up and do something different. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never have good luck at Sam's with soda. It seems like grocery store sales work out better for me. I need to check out those YouTube tutorials. I'm missing out, and I SO hear you on the lip gloss/lipstick issue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best part of this post to me was you helping out your wanna be coroner friend!!! How cool is that? " Hello, My name is . . . and this is my special friend ..., the Coroner :)" Love it!!!
    Oh and also what a hoot to list the links so we could all see how you spend your money ;0!!
    Since I've been waiting on a Grandbaby for 2 days this was a very welcome laugh. Keep it up Ann, I think we must have the same funny bone cuz it's funny in my mind also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogger is so stupid. What a pain for you to have to use links. Love the bracelets and necklaces. I watch emilynoel all the time. Who are some of your other favorites to watch?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weather has been gorgeous! And yesterday's rain was so welcome. Can't wait to see what you come up with for your t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'm going to try Dove. I'm needing something extra moisturizing and inexpensive.

    Also, as if you haven't gotten enough awards I have another one for you. The Liebster. I posted it today.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!