Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday.


☼ The little one had his first flying lesson today. I was all cocky thinking "huh, he's gonna read a book and do some tests, like driver's ed"
Except this kind of driver's ed involves a propeller and wings and ZERO EFFING PARACHUTE.
Because people, listen to me.
He flew.
Dudes. He met the guy, he shook hands, he got in a metal contraption (along with the instructor and my husband) and he flew the plane to the lake and back.
I was at work so you can imagine the JFK Jr. and Buddy Holly, Jim Reeves, Otis Redding, and Ricky Nelson  images I had to endure. In my head. Humming La Bamba while I tried to breathe. There is a website for my insanity also.


Anyway, he flew and he survived but I can't get back those years and years he took clean off of my life.
Please don't tell me flying is safer than driving a car. It isn't your 17 year old kid soaring over the clouds.
The instructor asked my husband if that is as excited as the little one gets (yes, he is freakishly calm)


☼ I changed the commenting so I can reply to your comments under the comment you post. You do have to actually stop back by to read the answer though. FYI.


☼ I am out of stupid, stupid and also stupid picture space so until I purchase more at $3 a month (stupid!) there will be no photos. It pains me. It used to be $5 a year. I realize that I spend that on magazines and hair products easily but if you say it, I will send you a Finn turd with fluff from his latest stuffed victim in it.


☼ I had big plans to go to bed early last night but instead, we layed (laid?) in bed and watched the entire first season of Samantha Who? which could very well replace Dead Like Me as my favorite defunct series to watch over and over again. My sister watches Gilmore Girls like it's her job, for crying out loud.


☼ I was going to use up all the hair products I had (which could very well take a while) but I read about this on a blog. I got the   shampoo and conditioner too. I am not replacing Aveda, just trying something different. I think I will try the antifrizz serum next. 


☼ I saw the cutest pedicure on FB yesterday. If I could post a ^#*%@#$ picture, I would. I have a gift certificate for a pedi from my husband. It is the "all the bells and whistles happy ending pedicure" I have been saving it for a special day.


☼ I discovered a new online music site called Jango. I am kind of over Pandora.


☼ I need some birthday cake and a beer to wash this day away

Toodles!











17 comments:

  1. Your the second Bloggy Buddy of mine to say she can't post pictures anymore. What's up with that?! I've never had a problem. Is it just cuz I don't post as many photos as other people? I don't know.

    I can't believe your BABY flew a damn plane!! How very scary for his mama. :( Glad you survived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband, the pilot, let our daughter fly when she was barely 16. They told me after the fact, or I would have been experiencing your anxiety. She decided not to pursue it. CONGRATS to your son for taking that first step. It's all about getting his hours in now. The real BIG day will be when he does his first SOLO flight. THEN you can worry. JUST kidding. He'll be fine. Take care. RELAX. PS)I had trouble posting pictures too. I did NOT know I had to pay for them. This NEWS to me. Don't know what I'll do, now. Blogger's Logo is covering up my name in my sidebar and nobody has been able to help me fix it. Tell me again why they CHANGED the format???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually paid for son to go to an airplane flying class one time over summer vacation where he could fly a plane; he loved it! Surprisingly I didn't worry about it; glad Little One had such an adventure!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope my kids never, ever want to take flying lessons. Yikes!

    Hope you enjoyed the birthday cake and beer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter wants to JUMP out of a plane this summer. yes, with a parachute. But, still. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that whole flying thing would have whacked me out too! My Hubby once (obviously before he knew how long I could stay mad) took MY 6 yr. old son up in a little plane piloted by his brother just so they could experience 0 Gs. He did not win any brownie points for THAT one!

    I had to 'buy' more picture space too. A NNOY ING. I won't say it but you DO know you're doing US a disservice by not showing all the goodies you find don't you? :)

    Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, I can't NOT post photos, come on. I will pay the piper.

      Delete
    2. I knew you'd buckle. tee hee

      Delete
    3. I knew you'd cave... tee hee.

      Delete
  7. I don't care if they say flying is safer than driving, I will stick to driving! I would of been a nervous wreck, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lay.

    And it's Gilmore girls. The second g is lowercase. I don't know why.

    And my blog told me I couldn't post anymore pictures and then the next day it let me, so try it again and see if it works. I HATE having to pay for that when they already get all of their advertisements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried for the little one's birthday to post more pics. They cut me off cold.

      Delete
  9. Yeah lay, lol. I would have a freaking heart attack if one of my kids was flying. I can barely stand it when they are driving a car! No photos on our blogs - even worse! My photo fee was still only $5 for the year, but it was probably 2 months back that I got the notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the notice to renew in March but it let me keep posting pics. I have to post pics so I guess I will pay those thieves.

      Delete
  10. I'm glad the flying lesson went well. I'll bet he was in heaven!

    So far I've not had any issues with being able to post pictures. Hope that doesn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to fly, but I could almost feel your anxiety.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your son went flying? Wow! I feel you on that one. I would have probably grayed completely with that one! :-) Glad he did so well but tell him never to do it again. JK! :-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!