Thursday, July 26, 2012

For Me?

I got another award, this time from Suzie Q.
She is a beautiful stay at home mommy to the cutest baby boy. I love to hear her thoughts, her honesty is refreshing. So many times when I read her, I say "hey, I feel like that!"




I have posted so many things about myself so I will be inventive.
7 injuries I have had in my life
1. I fell and landed on a small hickory branch which went in at the base of my thumb on my palm and came out the other side. The doctor cleaned it and pulled the stick out and to this day, my thumb doesn't move as well as the other one.
2. I fell on my face when I was little and split my chin open. I can remember the pain and the sound of my chin bone hitting the sidewalk and blood like it was yesterday. Never had stitches.
3. I rolled my ankle on the stairs in high school. It was swollen for years. I have rolled it twice since then. It never really heals.
4. I fell hard on my knee during tennis pre-game practice in high school. It made a bad ripping noise. I was not going to sit out the game so I bit my tongue and played the game. Now I am paying for that idiocy.
5. I was dealing with a bad employee and she kept lying to me so I slammed my fist down (HARD) on the wood table in the break room and said "stop lying to me!!!!!!!". My pinky hurts to this day and is a bit crooked. Probably broke it.
6. My husband and I were rear-ended in our Jeep Cherokee years ago before the little one was born. The entire frame bent and the back window and sunroof exploded. I was taken to the hospital on a flat board and layed on it for hours in the ER till they could examine me (it was a holiday weekend at the lake and they were busy) My lower back nerves have never been the same (especially during pregnancy or my period) and my neck goes out a lot and I never sued the idiot who hit us (should have gotten some sort of therapy right away though)
7. I passed out while blow drying my hair and the 3 bathroom drawers were open which I took with me when I went down. I cracked my head on the tile floor, gashed a chunk of my back and side on the drawers and twisted my leg. I seem to pass out sometimes. Very odd. My son does too.
I would pass out all the time when I was pregnant.
I am clumsy and accident prone yet I have never broken a dish at work or a bone. I do bump my head often and twist my ankles.

9 comments:

  1. Woah!!! You've had some doozies! Glad you're still upright and mobile! Yikes! Interesting idea to list injuries...might have to include that in the questioning give-away! You could just copy and paste! ;)

    Congrats on your award!! You are so very deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. And at least you didn't throw the table over in your anger at your employee like Teresa from the New Jersey Housewives (yes, I am a loser and watch that show).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was interesting to read your injuries and that you've never broken a bone. I can just walk and roll my ankle! A couple of years ago I was talked into going roller skating and ended up falling backwards and breaking both of my wrists. Had to have surgery on them and everything. I couldn't do ANYTHING for myself for 2 weeks. It was awful. Be glad you haven't broken anything, and your not alone in bumping your head! I seem to do that alot too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my freakin' hell!! This entire post made me nauseous! I have the weakest stomach, and can't read about this kind of stuff without getting sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the award but ouch on those injuries and accidents!! I can see why this part or that part of your body would hurt!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I can't believe all that has happened to you! As far as the fainting goes, do you have some sort of heart condition? A friend of mine kept fainting a lot and it turned out she had a hole in her heart so not enough blood and oxygen was getting through to her brain. Don't want to freak you out though. Cute baskets from Target too, on your other post. I LOVE your wallpaper too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so many injuries. I cut my chin too, as a kid. I did need stitches though, still have a small scar. I'm glad you're in one piece. Congrats on your award. You were very kreative with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm grimacing in pain, just listening. OMG. You have suffered. I hope none of these things happen again. Congrats on the award. Also thanks for your kind words on my page inregards to my newly diagnosed illness. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about the time you were mowing the lawn barefoot and the bottle went in one side of your foot and came out the other?!?! That's the one I remember!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!