Sunday, August 26, 2012

Here we go.

We fired our manager. I don't feel bad about it at all. I could go on for hours about all the crap that we have been through with this toxic woman but I won't.
The downside (the only one) is that I now will have one single day off a week (I know, boo hoo, I did it for many years but I had a much smaller house and no dogs then)) and Mr. F will be working all 7 nights. We will figure it out. It will be worth it, I promise.

Forever, ok?




I borrowed a few of these. This one had me at hello.


This is my entire week so far. Messed up microwaves, broken toilet seats, internet down (using the old fashioned sliding credit card reader- good times),  getting all the locks changed, the safe combination changed, estimates for an alarm system for work, finding out all kinds of interesting things about someone you were supposed to trust, broken pipes in the dishroom, fearful employees (when you fire someone, they all kiss ass in fear), relieved employees, big changes, small changes, I lost 1 pound (my plan is to lose 1 a week), I had a 2nd period this month (stress or pre-menopause?)




I don't know if I will ever be a morning person. And now I work 6 mornings a week. I shoot for 10 pm but end up going to sleep at 1 am. (and I do like people. Mostly)


 Love it!!!!!


My favorite. 




Got the hair done today. I went a little wild. 



I can wear it like the top photo for a subtle bit of color or brush it a bit forward for a dramatic look.
It is blue at the top and fades to purple. I told her I missed the strips and feathers I had been doing and left it up to her. 
Why not?






16 comments:

  1. Nice hair! Wonder if the rest of your employees, once they see your new "do", will be nervous about more "changes." Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Sounds like it was overdue and will be a very good thing in the long run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been a morning person either. I do not know HOW you are going to do it???? It is GOOD however that TOXICITY is gone from the canvas. Love the signs. Second periods, not good. Stress, maybe??? HANG IN THERE. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, what a week. So many decisions to make. Glad you took some time and did something fun w/ yer hair. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear all the trouble you've been having at work, but once you work out all the kinks, I'm sure it will be good. It is good to hear from you though! And I absolutely love your hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I know what you are going thru I had to let some one go that I invested so much in but she almost ruined my life and all the residents that lived in the care homes life, my other employees hated working before or after her, it was having the domino effect on EVERYONES attitude and work ethic, but once she was gone WOO HOO the others came together for me and we did survive without her and after a few months I was able to let up on some shifts for myself. Hang in there things will all be better :]
    Plus I think you will have someone come along and do the job well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been a stressful week for everyone I have talked to. It must be in the air. Absolutely love the hair. I wouldn't have the guts to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hair!

    What a week you had! I hope things calm down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there friend! Glad you got rid of the toxic employee. As Oprah once said you have to rid your life of toxic people. :-) LOVE your new hair!!! Now I want to get my hair done! :-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair is just so sassy and fun, and I hope you get the staffing in place before you kill yourself with those hours. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been fired nor have I ever had to fire anyone. Must be hard. And, love your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still, very cute hair! And I actually laughed out loud at those funnies. Although I won't write LOL because I hate it. The ghost one is the best, and I think that will be you and me. I bid that manager a hateful adieu and hope she is long gone and you never hear from her again. She was toxic. But not the good kind like Britney sang about. That is a lot of work, but you all will find a replacement and then you will really appreciate your off times with Finny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a crapola week!!! I do hope this one is faring much better and that you can find someone soon so that you can ease off on work a bit. I have been MIA due to work as well, and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel - might not for a while but I have SOOOOOO missed blogging and reading posts and commenting. I am going to try to take a few breaks and check in periodically for my sanity.

    Your hair is KILLER!!! I love it! I wish I could do something dramatic with mine, but there just isn't much you can do with brown/auburnish hair. Boo.

    Hope you're week's looking up and GOOD RIDDANCE to the evil spawn of satan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You deserve a drink girlfren. Hope next week is better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I realize I'm tardy to the party, but AMEN to firing the manager!! I'm curious about how it's been going now that it's been two weeks. Things will work out, you know that.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!