Thursday, September 6, 2012

AWARD



The Laine Blogger Award is about Beauty.
Thank you so much to Robin for awarding it to me!

I am supposed to answer the questions and pass it on but I am going to pass it on to everyone and if you want it, it is yours. 

 1. What is your current beauty obsession?

 Making my face look flawless. I have sun spots, dark circles and bags under my eyes and a few small lines and wrinkles. My skin tone is uneven as well. I am pretty strict with my night cleansing routine but I am still looking for a product that I can yell to the rooftops about. I am using Clinique products and when they are gone, I am going to try Clarins or SkinCeuticals. 
I adore the sun and I am bad about sunblock so there is that.  
I have used a BB Cream all summer but I am ready to try something different for fall and winter. My sister loves the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and I love my Aveda tinted moisturizer but I do like a bit more coverage. I have some samples of Tarte, Hourglass and Naked foundations to try as well but for now I am using up what I have first. I am currently wearing Revlon Photo Ready foundation.

I am currently obsessed with eye shadows. I need to clean my bag, I have quite a few but I wear all of them.
 


2. What is the one beauty item you wish you owned?
 
A Clarisonic facial cleansing brush. I have heard so many good things about them but the price tag makes me cringe. I plan to get one though.
3. What is your favorite topic to read about?
I don't have a single favorite topic. I love to read about makeup, fashion and home decor. I have a diverse blog following. I really enjoy reading about people and their every day lives. I read blogs about people with both seemingly perfect lives and others with lots of problems. I also like humor blogs. I learn a lot from bloggers. I have made friends with people that I would love to someday meet.




4. What inspired you to become a blogger?
I never wanted to be "a blogger". I am a girl who writes her thoughts and feelings down to remember my life.  I try not to write about the kids too much these days because they want their privacy so I kind of moved into a different area of blogging. I was shocked when people started following me. I try to be as honest as possible without being unkind or disrespectful.  I do like to poke fun occasionally. I also try to keep my language in check as to not offend some of my readers. I really love to tell funny stories and the thoughts that accompany them but I have been so busy lately, I fear I have lost a bit of myself.
I get really irritated at people who tell me what to do or say on my blog. If you don't like me or have a problem, get lost.



 5. What nail polish are you wearing now?
I have a green mojito polish on my toes (Essie but the name slips my mind) and I just took Turquoise and Caicos off of my fingernails. I try not to wear weird colors at work (purple, green, blue or black) because in the restaurant business, it seems unprofessional. I do have fun with color on my days off.



Finally made my Sam's stock up trip today.
I need to get to grocery store asap!
I am really excited about what I sent my sister for her birthday, she will love it!!
I am also excited about some shoes I ordered yesterday. I needed some black flats for work and I am loving these Coach flats:
My husband sent me some fun iphone cases last night from the Apple site. He knows my vices. I found even more on MK's website.





I am always a Coach girl but I just might want a Mickael Kors bag after going to their website and seeing these:








5 comments:

  1. You TOTALLY need to do the Rodan & Fields REVERSE. I've been using it for 2 months now. It's made an AMAZING difference in my skin. Dark spots gone, skin tone even and brighter! Seriously. Try it. I'm doing the Anti-Age regimen next. Email me if you want more specifics. Here's the link to the solution tool:
    https://ashleyo.myrandf.com/Pages/OurProducts/GetAdvice/SolutionsTool

    Clarisonic. Get one. Now. OR, better yet, put it on your Christmas list. Let the Hubby buy you one! I've had one for quite a few months now. Don't know why I didn't get one sooner. I did, however, bite the bullet and get the PLUS. Figured if I was gonna spend the $$, I'd get the one I can use on my bod too...helps with exfoliating before using self tanners. Bought it at Nordstrom during one of their sales so it was sale "special." I don't regret that purchase at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award. :)

    Cute shoes! I would love to own that second Michael Kors bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award ....I love the bags and I am so not a designer girl on bags, but these are cute, plus my hatred for my current purse is really taking its toll on me LOL I am glad you to have found you on this here blogger world of wonderful peeps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, me lovey that second MK bag. So cute! It kinda looks like my Fossil, but not so much that I would kick it out of my purse collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your award!! Those MK bags are beautiful. I want Mk to be my best friend. :-) I also have issues. Oh and I curse alot...alot. I just try and keep it off of the blog. You should see me editing my videos sometimes. HAHA! But cursing makes me feel good. :-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!