Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday. I don't say TGIF because I don't get weekends off

Another Friday.


Busy day! Rain and cold brought them in and it was not an easy day. One thing after another (late cook, cold food, ran out of some things, short tempers, a server quit on us last night and put us in a bind for the weekend- no loss (she never got over the firing of the tyrant) and we hired a new girl and covered the shifts), but I wanted to keep a positive staff so I stayed calm but I had to force a smile a few times. 

Sweater weather today. Wore my new houndstooth Target cardi.

 


I read somewhere that if you sniff lemons it soothes and makes you think more clearly. It works! Every time our prep cook is cutting lemon wedges, he calls me back for some sniffing. I also love The Body Shop's Sweet Lemon shower wash and lotion. And Satsuma which is Clementine.


I ordered this baby for fall. It was half off at Nordstrom. I think I might be in love a little bit. Is it wrong to love a bag?
Snuck away for a quick lunch date with my hubby today. Nothing says romance like stromboli and work talk.
I had a sample of this foundation and used it a few days this week. I really like it but not sure if it will be a purchase. It is very light and goes on thin but gives decent coverage. I have a few other samples to try first.



I also bought some of this on Monday.
I got Hot Tamale and Fresh Pink. 
They are soft, like squishy soft, and you put it on like a cream blush. I just use a dab on my apples after bronzer.

I also got some of this. I have heard good things.



Urban Decay had some of their shadows marked down to $6! 
I picked out 4 for almost the full price of one. If you haven't tried them, now is the time. They are very long lasting and the colors are amazing.


I am reading this book right now. It really is a page turner but these days I start to zone out after a few pages. I also have about 11 magazines to read. 


Have a great weekend!!!

10 comments:

  1. I love that purse. I have been trying to find a new purse, but I have yet to find one I like. I have been carrying the same one for a year. Gasp

    I have the age rewind dark circle concealer. It's alright. I switched to the Revlon Colorstay foundation, and I really like it. Reminds me of the Estee Lauder double wear but it's not as thick.

    I would love to get my hands on those Urban Decay shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. even with all that you look smashing darling simply smashing I said that in my best Billy Crystal voice ...wait I mean marvelous he says marvelous yes you look that too!!! I hated weekends when I had my business 24/7 shifts yuk but those shifts and days are now gone woohoo,

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE your bag... so we can both be in love now.. :-) I bought a M K rain jacket & hot pair of pumps while I was in the US... have a feeling I will get more use out of the rain jacket. Love the Viking hat picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't say TGIF much anymore lately either. UGH!!! Been working a lot of Saturdays..work is so hectic right now.
    Love the Cardigan. I've been spending a little more on makeup lately. Haven't really found anything that great. also nail polishes....they are never the same color on my nails and they are in the store in the bottle, so I've wasted money there.
    glad you got to sneak away a bit with your hubby. That's always good.
    Hope you have a great weekend, even with working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy lady! Sounds like it's an excellent thing to cull out any residual friends of the tyrant. ;)

    Enjoy your new makeup. You are looking good, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cardigan—very cute!

    Hope you're having a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Dean Koontz PLUS - I bought makeup the other day - at the dollar store !!! It's actually not half bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sweater rocks!!! Gurl, you so gorgeous!! That is why I have bestowed on you the Laine Blogger Award! You can see what it's all about on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to sound sooo terrible. I LOVE your blog. It's one of the few I've bookmarked and check frequently. But I can't remember your name;(. Think we must be related though. You have the clothes and fashion sense of my sisters, but when I read your goings on...it's my life. Somehow, it lifts me up and makes me feel better. Just wanted you to know that I really, really, really like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cindy! I don't use my name at my husband's asking. I am just known as "funny"
      Do you have a blog also? I clicked on your name but didn't find one.
      I am glad that I can make you smile sometimes.

      Delete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!