Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hello lovely friends!
I have really missed my blog and I have lots of reading to catch up on.

We have been so busy working there hasn't been time for much else.

I am catching up on laundry, housework, blogging and of course, shopping.

We had a really busy weekend at work. It rained all day Friday and Saturday so the people just kept coming in.....needless to say, we were tired by Monday.

We have had the hottest summer with no rain but with the rain on Friday came the humidity. I haven't missed it.

I had the day off on Monday so the big one and I went to the city. He had a therapy appointment and then we did some shopping at the mall and had sushi.
Here we are ready to pig out.



I found some great Labor Day sales at Macy's and NY & Co and picked up some summer tops. I stopped at The Buckle and the salesgirl was so adorable! She brought me all kinds of fun things to try on (she felt sorry for the over 40 girl, I think) and I ended up with 2 fall sweaters and 2 dressy shirts and some tanks to layer under them.
I was hesitant about this top because the entire back is lace and the front is glittery but I went beyond my normal style and got it. Love it! 



Last week I was feeling tired and overwhelmed so I bought myself something shiny. This is just a fun, silver Pandora ring but I really love the yellow-green stone.



My bangs already need a trim, I definitely like them shorter.
Here I am today. My phone takes horrible pics.
For some reason this shirt makes my boobs look huge. They aren't.


I have been watching season 1 of Six Feet Under. I watched it years ago from the 3rd season on but missed the first 2 and now I watch an episode a night. 


I was blessed to get to hold a dying man's hand Sunday. One of our servers (who we are training for management shifts) who is also a friend, has been dealing with her sick uncle for some time. He came home from the hospital Saturday to be with his family and I stopped by to give some encouragement. I sat with him for an hour while they had dinner and took some time off.  He was pointing at the ceiling from his bed and saying "God" and "home" and looking at things far away that only the dying can see. They were reading to him from the Bible and telling him stories of his life. I knew him fairly well and have been through this a few times before. He passed away early Monday morning and they are sending him back to New Orleans for burial. e adored Louisiana so his spirit got to go home and his body went to his other home.

My sister's birthday is tomorrow which is actually today now that it has taken me 5 hours to finish this post.
Happy birthday D!!!!!










You are kind, sweet, patient, funny and beautiful! 
I hope you have a beautiful birthday!!!


The school year is off to a busy start!
The little one is in band, he is editor-in-chief of the newspaper and yearbook, he still takes flying lessons, has one more ACT test to take (mean parents) and a full class load including Calculus, Senior Literature, Robotics, Engineering Design and Development,  and some other difficult classes plus we make him work 2 shifts a week for us. Last weekend I had him bus tables all weekend when my nephew was out of town. We still need to get his senior pictures taken this month and order all of the fun senior packages they require like cap, gown and tassel etc...

Got to get some sleep before another busy day tomorrow!



















10 comments:

  1. I've missed your blogs! I love the shirt and jewelry you have on in your pics of dinner with A. And I love the shirt you got. Very cute. I may need one. Sorry I didn't call you back Tues. I was lame and fell asleep with the boys when I put them down. It's hard to say no to O when he asks me to lie down with him. Hopefully we can chat. Maybe tonight since it's Deb's birthday and we're going out to dinner.

    And I can't believe N is a senior and doing all that stuff. He is such an amazing kid. I'm so proud that he's my nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one am really offended that you would choose work and family over blogging. You need to get your priorities straight, girl! haha. Glad work is keeping you busy - - that's a good thing, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was JUST wondering how/where you were!
    Good to know you're alive and well and busy as eva!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see a post from you! The rain has been a blessing, but it has definitely brought the humidity with it. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

    You were very fortunate (and kind) to spend time with your dying friend - something you will always remember. I'm glad he is going home to Louisiana.

    You got some cool stuff, but for some reason, I really, really liked that Pandora ring!

    Congrats on all of the accomplishments of little one. What a busy year! He will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wondering where you've been! I've missed your posts. :)

    That shirt is really cute, and I love the ring.

    That's such a touching story about your friend. What a blessing that experience must have been for you.

    And I mentioned this on Mel's blog, too: Happy birthday to your other sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have missed your posts. Great pics of you and your sis. I really like the top you bought. very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you stretched yourself a bit and bought something fun like that top (and all the other goodies too). You're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see a post. You really have been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wondered if you were being worked to a frazzle over there. Glad you got in some free time! I can see that top on you and love the ring. Happy birthday to your sis! Don't work too hard and have a great weekend. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! Catching up on some of your posts now. Love that top you got that was out of your norm. Sometimes those things are the best! Your sons eyes are insane. The story of your friend's uncle brought tears to my eyes. I've also been through that a few times. And happy belated bday to your sister! You guys look like you have a blast together!!
    Oh and good luck to your younger son - he's a busy boy!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!