Monday, September 24, 2012

I worked a 13 hour day yesterday (I'm made of hardy stock, so it seems these days) and by the time I got home, took a long hot bath, fell asleep and slept for 11 hours and then woke up late today, I remembered I was going to post yesterday.

Whatevs.

Our date night last Tuesday was perfect except for my back issues, which I fixed with a strategically placed wine list (the chairs had a hole cutout in the back which killed me) and 4 Goose martinis.
We had time to catch up and relax for a while before my husband had to head back to town to train the girl who was closing on the end of night paperwork.

The rest of the week was spent trying to rest my back although by Thursday, I was able to get the kitchen cleaned and floors mopped, laundry caught up and some lists made.

Friday I took the little one out to a nice dinner at a steakhouse. I wanted to catch up with him a bit although we spent a good deal of time looking at the pictures of the instrument panel of the plane he flies. I could probably fly a small aircraft myself now (but I won't)

Saturday after work, I went to a memorial dinner for one of our customers, who passed away in July. His family lives in the next state but he frequented a few local restaurants, including ours, so they threw a dinner party for him including Jack Daniels shots (his favorite). Only 2 of us from my place showed up but it was an amazing time.
Then I had to race across town to meet a friend for her birthday dinner (which I missed) and drinks (which I missed the first half of) and everyone was pretty well lit by the time I got there.
I ended the evening with a couple girls from work and hit the bed way too late for a work night.

Yesterday was the looooong day I mentioned and today I slept in, washed a couple loads of laundry, ran and unloaded the dishwasher, cut the dogs' toenails, cleaned and mopped the kitchen, made some phone calls and did the much needed grocery shopping for the week.

Today is Mel's birthday.
























Happy Birthday Mel!! Hope it's the best one ever!!!!

16 comments:

  1. sounds like you have been very busy still....but it's nice you did manage to have a little fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your sister! I hope she had a great day! Wow, I thought my 9 hour days were bad; your 13 hour day takes that by a long shot!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been burning the candle on both ends, baby! Even hardy stock needs to sleep--LOL! Take care of yourself, lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your beautiful sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how you do it! Your schedule would do me in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Mel. You are one busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why does she look so sweet holding that knife? ;-) Her smile is saying "Oh I look sweet but I'll cut ya!" Happy bday to Mel!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two are gorgeous!! I was a day late wishing her HBD...I can NOT seem to get ahead of my class prep - ick. She sounds like she's in the same boat with classes and you are a busy bee yourself!! I'm seriously looking for the 'pause' button to step off this merry-go-round for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, great pictures!

    Thirteen-hour days--yikes! Hope your back is better now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photos. Happy birthday to Mel - better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading your blog. I love your hair, it makes me want to cut full bangs again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You two are just the cutest!

    I don't know how you get everything done that you do. Makes me tired reading it!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!