Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lush

I have been doing a lot of fall shopping lately stocking up on some basics and a few luxury items but I haven't really talked about my favorite previous purchases lately.
Today I will talk about Lush.

I ordered some bath products from Lush a couple months ago and have used a few of the products I will talk about today.

First of all, I love citrus so I ordered the Sexy Peel soap. It smells fabulous and lathers nicely. I did not like the roughness of the citrus peel on my sensitive skin so I lathered it in my hands (still quite rough).
Another con was that the scent did not last on my skin and was a bit drying. As soon as I dried off after my bath, the scent was barely detectable on my skin. Sads. I do love the way it wakes me up and smells so it is a winner.

Another soap I purchased was the Sultana of Soap. I love, love this soap. The smell is amazing! The bergamot and apricot notes combined with the soft creaminess makes this a winner. There are chunks of some kind of berry (currants?) in it too. Another plus? I could smell it on my arms while I was driving to the city (an hour) and could still smell it for quite a while. I will buy it again for sure. Also, my bathroom smelled like heaven long after my bath was over.

I got the Sex Bomb bath bomb too. I broke off a small chunk of it and it turned my tub purple. I liked it ok, didn't love it. The smell was interesting. Not sure if it turned my husband on (any more than usual) but that isn't an issue. He. Does. Not. Need. Help. In. That. Department. Ok, TMI.
For these big bath bombs, I use a huge knife and cut them into 4 pieces (yes, they crumble a bit)

The Yuzu & Coco was the first bubble bar I tried. I liked the smell, citrus chocolate. It bubbled up nicely and made my skin smell nice. Not my favorite but again, it was nice and made the bathroom smell nice.


I haven't tried the Green Bubbleroon yet. I am saving it for a day I need a pick me up (maybe if we ever get to go on another date after a long day at work) It smells like lime and orange.

I also have yet to try the Sicilian bath bomb. I am really looking forward to this one! Lots of citrus. Like laying in the Italian sun, it says. My Italian hubby might like that!!

My back is still really stiff so a hot bath (and probably a call to my masseuse if it still hurts tomorrow) is on my list along with a cold beer and my new In Style. 


 

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Lush. Just might have to try a few of those out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their shampoo bars!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, you have sold me on Lush. Going to order a little bit now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say hi!! Hope you are doing well! Mendi was nice to me and gave me some of her LUSH stuff that she got on her vacation to San Fran. And if she hadn't given them to me I was probably going to steal them from her. :-) I agree with Rita above...I really like the solid shampoo bar in Ultimate Shine. Don't know that it gives me more shine but I like the way it makes my hair feel and I feel like I can go longer in between washings. I use that along withe the solid Jungle conditioner. That feels like it's doing nothing when you use it but it works too.

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!