|Love my Target scarf|
|The little one at lunch on Saturday (that is a fake smile)|
|One of the lakes we drove over on Saturday|
|The same lake at sunset|
|Broke out the big guns on Monday (Uggs)|
|Story of my life.....|
|I'm gonna need this bottle|
|I knew there was a reason I liked baths|
|My fridge today, not even close to finished making dishes and out of room (the garage fridge is full too)|
|This happens daily, I don't actually KILL them though|
|RIP old friend|
|On my way to work|
What a week!
* finished shopping for tomorrow
* got a few Christmas gifts out of the way
* found a big water damage problem in the basement stemming from a leak behind the fridge one floor above it and spent a good part of the night carrying soaked boxes of work papers (the ones you have to save for 7 years) upstairs to the garage to dry
* had a repairman out to fix said leak in addition to washing machine, found out washer is going to cost as much to fix as buying a new one so had to go pick out a new washer yesterday
* had an estimate done for the wood flooring
* the little one went for his big interview (3 hours away) and they were very impressed (I actually knew one of the interviewers- he owns 2 restaurants here in town)
* bought the little one a little gift for his trouble, new running shoes for his Academy training
* also got the papers in the mail for his medical evaluations he needs, ear/eye/physical that he has to have before he can perform the actual physical tests for them
* poor kid ended up with a 24 hour bug and threw up with a fever yesterday, he slept all day and woke up doing better today
* ordered a cute new sweater from Gap, I see it is on sale now (drat)
* I just got a phone call from some asshole named Jasper with a middle eastern accent in Seattle. He told me he was from Microsoft and that my Windows computer had sent him some critical messages recently and could I get on my computer and help him fix this situation. I told him "yeah, thanks" and hung up on him. I sent the number to my husband who blocked his own number and called the number back and it was a private answering machine with the same middle eastern voice. If you get these calls, end them. They are trying to get personal info from your computer.
* I also got 2 emails this week from spammers, do not open mail like that, they can hack you that way too.
* I raced home from work early today to make Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes, skillet cornbread for stuffing, cheeseball and chocolate pie. My house is only partly clean so that is also on my list tonight.
* the fridge leak ruined a few pieces of my kitchen tile, now I have 5 cracked tiles
* I got chewed out by a customer today for being closed on Thanksgiving. She said that since Walmart would be open all night, I should be open to feed the Brown Thursday (my word) shoppers. I let her know that we would remain closed so that our employees could be with their families. I wanted to add "suck it!" but I refrained.
* I told the big one he would be responsible for some of the dinner tomorrow, he chose the veggie platter. I hope he realizes how much washing and chopping he will be doing.
* sweet potatoes and yams are not the same thing, a customer and I had this talk and I googled it to hush him up
I am thankful for God, my husband, my kids, my family and extended family, my employees, my home, my business, cars that run, a warm bed, good friends, blog friends, my annoying dogs, jeans that fit, food to eat, electricity, the ability to still pay my bills, a sense of humor, vodka, wine, nail polish/lipgloss/makeup, the invention of the flat iron, great customers, black olives, sunshine, beaches, therapists, perfume, health, knees that hurt but still work, magazines, deodorant, seat heaters, coffee, razors, sunglasses, computers and being able to help those who are less fortunate.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
|Not this year|
|To my husband|
|Yes. Yes I do.|