Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday

Hello!
I said this week would be better than last and I meant it.  

I hit the mall Monday for some sale shopping. This colorful necklace was half off. 


I don't know why it looks like my face has a rash all over it, it doesn't. The bags under my eyes are real.
 
I bought a pair of skinny jeans in this fun color. 

 

I wore them with this top

The colors together were so bright on a cold, cloudy day. It made my mood cheerful on a busy election day.



I picked up a new lipstick and gloss.

Brave



Lipglass in Viva Glam VI


I saw this bracelet and fell in love. I just adore tree jewelry.
Fossil Tree Cord bracelet


I also got some of the mini White Barn candles in the Snow Day collection. And I had a coupon to make it even sweeter.


I have started making my lists for Christmas ideas (for others) 
My plan is to be more organized this year.




Now I need to get my first S Bucks peppermint mocha to jump start the holiday season!!



We had a nice date night last night. Dinner, dirty martinis and election coverage.


The little one went to districts for band yesterday. He made first chair in the honor band. We are just so proud of that kid!

He has started receiving letters from the important people who he needs to help him get in to the Naval Academy. He has an interview with our local congresswoman and her board next month.

With the election, I was worried that changes in offices would hinder our progress with the letters and applications. Luckily, all of the people ( U.S. senator, vice pres., state senator and local reps) all remained in office so we will continue the process.
Even more good news, some people we know are friendly with Roy Blunt and Claire McCaskill and we might be able to arrange personal meetings with them and others.
My husband and his gift of gab paid off!


I am off the next 2 days and have lots planned (none of it fun but all of it productive.

10 comments:

  1. You look stunning in that photo with your new necklace! The necklace is pretty, as is your new tree bracelet.

    Holy cow, congrats to Little!! As a former band geek (oh, who am I kidding?! Once a band geek, always a band geek!) I'm thoroughly impressed!!

    Enjoy your days off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the necklace. I don't have the guts to buy the colored jeans. I stick with black, gray, and regular blue jeans. I still need to post my birthday haul.

    Congrats to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what bags? you look great!
    that's awesome about your son, and so exciting. The Naval Academy? wow.
    love the necklace. It's amazing how a necklace can dress up your wardrobe, right? I love the colored jeans, though I have never tried them, much less anything that has the word "skinny" in it....
    have fun anyway on your days off and good luck with the Christmas stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the necklace! Congrats to Little One for making Honor Band!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me some SB's peppermint Mocha. We don't have it here in Manila, but I expect it sometime this week.

    Good luck on the Naval Academy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look Fabulous in that blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color on you! I seriously think I need to have you shop with me and help me pick stuff out...I feel like I have lost the ability to dress fashionably. And skinny jeans? You're brave! I don't know that I could do that without looking like a spatula or something...

    Congrats to your son on the Naval Academy! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if I lose about 40 pounds I might be able to wear skinny jeans. Maybe 50. Saw your son's senior photo in another post this afternoon. Good looking young man for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for the little one! If you come visit the Naval Academy (I'm assuming it's the one in Annapolis, Maryland) you better let me know. I am close by.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!