Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

I am very late with this post but honestly, I haven't really felt like blogging and we have been so busy these days.

I wanted to get a new tree this year, our other one was 12 years old and a pain to assemble. I looked around and on Christmas Eve day, we found this at a local decor store for 50% off. I also got a white one for the bedroom.
We put the tree up when we got home and ordered pizza. (I did, however, already have the rest of the house decorated already.)

I decided to be simple and use handmade whimsical ornaments. I have a collection of Pier One glass ornaments I started collecting few years ago and the other glass ornaments were a Thomas Picconi QVC gift from my mother years ago.
It took us 20 minutes to decorate the tree (it usually takes me hours!)












These light-up trees are also new, the only mantle decor this year (except the dust)




The dining room after our dinner. I used gold chargers and white plates. All of the gold "Barbie disco balls" as my friend calls them and the other gold, red and silver balls are from Pier One. Everything else is old.
 










I got this real tree at Sam's. The top broke off weeks ago but the snowman ornaments were a birthday gift from a friend. She made them out of lightbulbs, glue, paint and glitter.




Yes, laundry on the table. Where else would we keep it?


I had a few girls over last week for appetizers, games and gifts. We played Apples to Apples, had some cocktails and exchanged gifts. We also ate ourselves silly. I have managed to keep off the 20 lbs. I lost.

I went a little crazy on my Christmas shopping this year but I am very happy with everything I bought. My only complaint is that I ordered lots of gifts from the website Totsy right before Thanksgiving and received my order (minus a few things) today. I will never use them again. I sent them a few emails and have gotten half-assed excuses. 
Live and learn.
  
 I didn't take any photos of us on Christmas. The kids opened their gifts and then went back to bed. I think the big one had a hangover and the little one had been up since 3am. He had a bit of a fever.
 
We had a busy Christmas day.  The morning was spent cleaning, gifting and dinner prep. We invited a few people over for chicken piccata and chocolate pie and then had the gift exchange with the cousins. I had to work early today so we went to bed early. Tomorrow we are going to the city to exchange a few things.

 
That is all I have time for today. I have been trying to read and comment but I have been purging closets, painting, cleaning and trying to get the house ready for the wood floors.

I hope you are all doing well and had a great Christmas.

9 comments:

  1. Loved all the decorations and the tree! Neat it only took a bit to decorate too! Sounds like a great Christmas!

    betyt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks just gorgeous. Hooray for a new tree! You have such pretty ornaments. Enjoy your shopping! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy and now I feel lazy!! Ha ha. I am still staring at our tree-I wanted it all down yesterday but Hubs asked for it to be up a little longer...sigh. I plan to get to it though. That, and getting my ever-widenin' behind back to some sort of exercise...ugh. Need to lay off the vino.

    Anyway, beautiful decorations!! I wish you and your fam a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I love some whimsy in my ornaments. Those are super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have the place all decked out! Looks so festive--really pretty! Your new tree looks really great and I love the hand-painted ornaments. Congrats on keeping the weight off! That's really something to do that over the holidays! Whoohoo! Get some sleep, too! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous decorations! I'm lucky that I get the tree up and decorated. I never seem to get to the rest of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks gorgeous!

    I've missed you. I hope the New Year brings you some down time, cuz selfishly, I want you to post more! ;-) Oh, and cuz you need to relax, too. tee hee.

    Happy New Year, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good Christmas. Everything is so elegant. I had to return a few gifts too. I've learned when the Grandkids say "surprise me" when I ask what they want for Christmas, that they don't really mean "surprise me". Live and learn!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! - I did everything last min this year... I keep telling myself I will be better next year... I think I will take vacation the first week in Dec.. just so I can get everything done .. lol..
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!