Friday, January 18, 2013

I thought I would post a few products that are new to me. So far, I am liking them. Not love, just like.

Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer
I was looking for a way to fight the winter dry skin I suffer from endlessly. I really like this but if you have oily skin, skip it. It doesn't have great coverage but for clear skin, it works. I prefer a more flawless looking face but I am going to use this up.



I also picked up this powder. I do like it but I still prefer Coty Airspun powder. And it is a quarter of the price. I will use it up though.
Clinique Blended Face Powder


Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector
One of you asked me about dark spots (or circles??) The jury is still out on this.  I have some small samples of this that I have been using but it says you have to use it twice a day for a few months to see results and I am not there yet. And it is a bit pricey. If the main spot removing agent is Retinol, you can find other products at a better price point.
I picked this up at Target a few weeks ago. I use it at night but not every night. Since Retinol is what is supposed to help your skin turn over and renew itself, this might be just as good as the Clinique. And way less expensive. ($20 compared to $45+)
I also picked up this:




I have tried a few BB creams and like them. They are pretty dewy and even though my skin isn't really oily, my forehead needs a bit of blotting by the end of the day.

Moving on.....

We had a family dinner on Tuesday instead of our usual date night. The boys each invited a friend. The little one invited his best friend, who pretty much lives here, and the big one invited a new guy he is seeing. We have actually known this guy and his family for many years, they are long time customers and his father is a big military hero (was shot in the head in Iraq and survived) He lives a couple hours away in the city now and comes home to visit a couple times a month. He just told his parents at Christmastime that he is gay (I have always seen him at the restaurant and thought he was adorable; I also was pretty sure that he wasn't straight) which did not go over well, especially with his dad. (I think we knew our son was gay when he was around 4 but he "came out" officially in college.) Anyway, he has been over here every evening and we absolutely adore him. He really has his life on the right track. He is in the Army, is a personal trainer, loves dogs (you know that is a requirement for me) has his future planned out (lawyer and some sort of military leader) and owns 3 cars which are paid for. He is also an excellent influence on our undecided and slightly under-motivated child. My husband loves talking about guns and the military and I enjoy talking to him about clothing and beauty products. I guess I never really needed a daughter after all!


I have spent the better part of my day spring cleaning (please do not remind me that it is January) and continuing to purge the house of unnecessary clutter. I am trying to burn through the candles I bought for the holidays so on one day it might smell like fall and another, Christmas. Today is Caribbean Escape.


I made a big Lush order this week. I was out of bubble bars and my adored Sultana soap. The big one's friend told me there are some Lush stores within Macy's where he lives so I will keep that in mind. I might have him pick me up some things.

 The Naval Academy for the little one is coming together well. He received the letter of recommendation from Congress, had his medical exam, has all of the papers turned in and except for an endurance test (running, sit-ups and pull-ups and other such forms of torture) on Tuesday with a coach, he is waiting. I am thrilled and nauseous at the same time. This baby that never left my side, this child who hated to go to bed because he wanted to sit with mommy, this man-boy who stands 6 foot 5and ducks through doorways will be leaving me in a few months. If he is accepted into the Academy, he will graduate high school and leave 30 days later for Annapolis. I want to cheer and cry and throw up and beg him to stay and wave at him as he goes and turn back the clock and enjoy that fat, snuggly baby for 100 more years.
Emotional much?

The little one cut his class schedule down to the basics this semester. Calculus, English and band. He still is editor of the paper and yearbook and has robotics and academic team and other responsibilities but he leaves school at 11:30. 
Last week he expressed an interest in piano so we started him on lessons Monday. Poor thing, he has so little talent, he needed something to do......
How did 2 people who hated school (I barely graduated with enough credits and my husband dropped out, went into the Navy and later got his GED) have such brilliant kids?
He is in the process of getting his pilot's license, just has to take the test which is a solo flight to the state capitol.
 

I have nothing else right now. 
Have a great weekend!



















4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a post. Lots of info there to digest.

    Your son's boyfriend sounds amazing. Yes, I hope he helps your son find some direction. And, it's great that he has interest that both you AND hubby share. Who could ask for anything more?!

    All the stuff about Little makes my heart palpitate, so Imma just skip over it. But, I will say, I wish him the best of luck, and I will be sending some prayers his way.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on N. So freaking proud and terrified at the same time. He's such an amazing kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just love reading about your life. You always have so much going on. Can't believe your youngest is soon to be out of the house. It's ok to want to celebrate and cry at the same time. I think my mom went through that when I went to college. Sounds like you have raised some really awesome boys. Oh and how cool that your son's friend lives close to Lush. Take advantage of that! :-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know when little one takes that solo flight to the state capitol.. I'll be sure to wave at him! You have a fantastic family. It will be hard to let go, but you will find a way!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!