Friday, June 21, 2013

Snippets of nothingness.


We I finally picked the new flooring. We ended up changing the wood color a teensy bit but I stayed with the colorful tile. I chose a porcelain tile in 3 different sizes our tile guy will make into a pattern.

There was a small issue finding the 6 inch tile but that was fixed and we are on our way. It will be few weeks before it comes in and our contractor can get to it but we need that time to get the office cleaned and my precious dining room bubble wrapped and packed.

I may have ordered these shoes from Target this week.

Summer is now officially here! I am delighted beyond words. Today I picked up Sonic slushes and went to a girlfriend's house so we could chat on the back porch while her kids beat the crap out of each other played with water guns. I actually almost got too warm.
I love summer.

My husband and I have had dinner together (away from work) twice this week and lunch once. This never happens.

We went to our first City Hall meeting last night. We were invited because we are business owners and it may have affected our business. I feel like I was tricked into going with the promise of dinner but the meeting was super short and pointless. It will be my last one.

I'm not much for theaters, they are always freezing cold and the crinkling and chewing noises drive me nuts but.... I really want to see World War Z.

Every year we say we aren't going to the lake for dinner and fireworks. We think we will throw a big party or just hang out at home and grill. Last night Mr. Funny asked me if I had made the dinner reservations. Last year was unbearably hot and miserable. We reserved a table on the deck so we could see the fireworks better but it never cooled down after sunset and the boys spent the evening sitting inside and/or complaining. This year, I invited a girl from work, a new manager in fact, and her husband. I really get along well with her. She is more like me than my own sisters.
However.
Our husbands have nothing in common. Mine likes guns and cars and electronics.
Hers likes baseball.
I mentioned this to my husband and asked him to brush up on his baseball knowledge. He said they will talk about something they both like.
Boobs.
*sigh*

I wish we had a Trader Joe's.

Kim and Kanye named their baby North West. Do I need to say more?

I have way too many bottles of shampoo and conditioner in my bathroom. I get bored easily.

I have always wanted to open a clothing boutique. I am way too scared to try it but it is still a dream for me.

I have never understood how people can go days without washing their hair. I tried it the other day, washed it at night, let it air dry and went to bed. Then I flatironed it in the morning. It felt great until about 1:00. Then it felt dirty. I added some dry shampoo when I got home around 3:30 and by bedtime, I was over it.

Whenever the weather people talk about how beautiful the weekend is going to be, I think "oh well, I have to work every weekend"

We need a vacation.





I don't actually have to be at work at 8:00, I am the boss after all, but I try to get there between 7:50 and 8:15. I don't care how much sleep I get, getting up at 6:00am sucks ass every time.

I could listen to this song all day.
 

Have a great weekend and if you are off, good for you! Do something fun!!
















6 comments:

  1. Open the clothing boutique. Nobody knows clothes the way you do. SERIOUSLY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That is a GREAT idea!!! Listen to Taryterre!!!!

    My hair is so dry and frizzy, I seriously only 'wash' it once a week. And, by 'wash' I mean with shampoo. Every day in the shower, I rinse it thoroughly to wash out any product, scrubbing my scalp really well with my fingertips, and then condition it. Then, I use a leave-in conditioner, and an anti-frizz serum, and let it air dry. (Oy! Naturally curly hair sucks donkey ass!!) But, the detergent only gets used about once a week. My hair would look like a Brillo pad if I washed it every day. :( Did I just totally gross you out? Do you not want to be my friend anymore?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My SIL and I have talked about opening a consignment store. It will never happen.
    I heard about the baby name on Facebook, but I don't pay attention to them.

    I can go a couple days without washing my hair when it's long but not short. If I worked in a restaurant there would be no way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lady!! I want to see your tile floor when it's done. If you were getting too warm, I would have melted--LOL! Cute shoes. Tell me if you liked World War Z--supposed to be edge-of-your-seat-exciting. Boobs?! North West?! My thin fine hair gets too greasy, dirty for me to go two days, too. Love the flight risk one!! I have never heard this song and loved their video. Talk about lots of different kinds of dancing!! Safe and sound. Safe and sound. Safe and sound..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for it. Open that boutique. You DEFINITELY have an eye for beautiful and unique pieces. I would love to own a coffee shop/book store/trinket shop combo.

    I'm one of those that can go a few days without washing my hair, particularly more so now that it is so DAHGUM long (still letting it grow to donate). It is just too much of a pain to wash the mess of it, so I throw it up in a messy bun and go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A consignment boutique would be fun I think.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!