Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Madness

I am on my iPad so this will be short and ridiculous. We are up to our eyeballs in this home renovation stuff. What began as a simple carpet removal/wood floor install has snowballed into new kitchen tile and re-tiling the 2 upstairs baths plus the half bath off the kitchen. The sub floor was replaced and hideous linoleum was discovered. Monday we decided to have the wood around the jacuzzi tub covered with tile so I ordered that plus glass tiles for the backsplash and then tonight Mr. F was looking at new bath tubs. With this being the busiest week of the year for work and dealing with our contractors schedule, we are living in chaos. The little one's bath was grouted and sealed today. I am thrilled with the tile I picked! Our master bath will be done next week as will the main floor. I have painting to do and area rugs to purchase. After packing up and painting the dining room and cleaning the basement and garage and having the cars detailed and the goldfish pond cleaned and dead trees removed and closets purged and all the day to day stuff plus our busiest year at the restaurant, we are ready for a mini getaway. Because we have been busy. And I think we need some new carpet upstairs. What's new with you?

9 comments:

  1. OMG!!! When have you had time to breathe!?? It will all be worth it when it is finally finished. I hope we'll get to see before and after pictures. Wow! Going to be like a whole new house. Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you have been a busy girl. Been wondering where you were.

    I have been doing a whole lot of nothing. Been wanting to blog, but something is wrong with my blog and it wont let me.

    Good luck with the remodel. I'm sure you will be relieved when it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl.....you are just as busy as we are. We both are going to need a vacay after all this shioz!

    I can't wait to see before and after pics!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy? You call that busy? That is insane! I don't know how you do it. Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That IS insane.....one thing ALWAYS seems to lead to the other, though, and the snowball just gets bigger! It'll be sooo nice when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! I so know the snowball effect and just one little paint job turns into some serious cash outlay! But I love it. :)

    Yes, be sure to show us the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had your energy!!! What, do you hop up on a pot of coffee infused with Red Bull in the morning? Wow! My whole house needs an overhaul - both in decluttering and some renovation but it just wears me out thinking about it. I need you to clone yourself and come kick me in the butt to get to tackling some stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That exhausted me just reading it! But I know it will all be gorgeous. You must post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I commented, but I think it didn't go. This exhausted me just reading about it all! But I know it will be gorgeous when it's finished. You must post photos!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!