Friday, October 18, 2013

Hello!

Hello!! 
It's cold here today, sunny though.

Catchup-
We decided to have the wood burning fireplace converted over to propane. They will be here Tuesday to install it so it is being cleaned today.


 Do you now how may choices there are for faux logs?? Heavens, that was fun! (planning to paint the brick sometime)

Here it is without the awful doors. Anyone have any ideas how to make it prettier? I think I can remove the gold trim and maybe paint the black part (yes, that's a shop vac hose )




My sister turned 40 last month. She decided to celebrate by doing this:


Yeah, we are super excited for her!!!

Boss's Day was this week. We got a funny card and a big thank you on he marquee our front. Also, a gift certificate for a fancy dinner out.


The little one is really working hard in college. It has been quite an adjustment being away from home and having to study every day but they got their dorm room fixed up and they are comfortable. He likes his room mate and his suite mates as well.
He also has a really adorable and sweet girlfriend (she is still in high school) back here so we see him a few times a month.

Work has been busy. A few changes here and there but everyone adapts pretty well.  Still haven't gotten away for a few days....it is in the plan.

Did you watch Walking Dead yet? I just caught the newest episode on the new season!! I also finished Breaking Bad. So good but sad to see it go.

HOUSE-
The house is still a work in progress.
I removed every single bit of wallpaper from the entire house. One morning, after a long night trying to get the 3 layers of paper off the half bath, I woke up and couldn't even bend my fingers. I had been using water and liquid Downy and vinegar. I asked around and one of our customer loaned me their wallpaper steamer. It didn't work great on the half bath where the paper was multi-layered and glued on with nuclear epoxy but on the master bath and the kitchen, it was great.
Warning: steam is HOT!

Here is a before and almost after of the master bath:



Wood base for tub, ugly wallpaper, dark wood window trim and dark wood mini blinds




It took weeks for the bullhead tile to come in. It was installed last week. I still have to have some areas of the walls patched and paint them but the paint is bought. I went with Sherwin Williams Whole Wheat for the walls and Pittsburgh Paint Fuzzy Sheep for all of the trim throughout the house.
For the floors I chose an Italian porcelain tile by Cerdomus in the color Oceano. It has these rough edges and gorgeous blue color. Love It!! 


For the tub I went with the same style but I picked Cerdomus Durango Bianco.


Here is the backsplash



My tub is an Aquatic LuxeAir 33. I decided to go all out and got the neck and shoulder massage jets, the regular jets, colored lights, a heater and air bubbles.
I got the Delta faucet and hose in Lahara. I still want to replace the sink faucets at a later time as well.



Here is the aftermath from the half bath. Ugh.


It needs to be completely re-mudded or new drywall. Too much damage.
There is a long list of things that still need to be done but we are slowly working on it.


We got the new iPhones a few weeks ago. I haven't tried the fingerprint recognition on mine yet but I love the camera and the lighter weight. And this pretty cover:


I have been mostly disappointed in Target's fall clothes so far. I did find this warm sweater.
(I am loving the oxford shoes, not from Target)


And these flats:
I picked up a military inspired jacket. The waist cinches so it is really more flattering than this photo.


I found a great tailor so a lot of the jeans I wasn't wearing for various reasons are now the right length/waist size and wearable. I can never seem to find jeans that fit my hips and waist at the same time. Or they are too long. Problem solved. I am really loving boyfriend jeans right now.

Good to be back, hopefully I can post more often.










14 comments:

  1. Good to see you're still alive! Wow, you've been busy! I took a lot of wall paper off in this house too. Ugh. Which is why I got 'the look' from the Hubby when I wanted wall paper in the powder room. Ha. I love it and so does he ~ now.
    Hey, I think I got that same jacket at Target but in kalki... or one like it anyway.
    Everyone needs a good tailor in their life!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YaY!!! You're back!
    I do NOT envy you - the remodeling thing. 1998 a major addition and then a couple years ago the kitchen remodel.... makes me not want to do it again any time soon. Although, I would LOVE to gut the master bath. Hubby will probably have to die before that'll happen.
    Sunny and (actually) WARM here today.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you back.

    I watched the Walking dead marathon, so I was all caught up for the new season. I love that show.

    Congrats to your sister.

    I'm loving this cold weather. It's boots weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny!!!
    So glad to see you here!! Wow, you've been busy, and your renovations are looking fabulous!

    You look fabulous as always!!!

    And finally...is this Mel???? Expecting???? Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! Congrats to her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Crapsicles!! You're back!!!

    I've missed you, Cookie. You've been quite the busy bee, haven't you? I can't wait to see all the after pictures. I'm TOTALLY jealous of your tub! I treated myself many years ago (15, maybe?!) by gutting my bathroom completely down to the studs, and starting over. I put in a whirlpool tub, and it's one of the nicest things I've ever done for myself. But, now, it seems like such a piece of crap compared to your new tub. : / Guess I'll just have to come over and take a soak one day. :P

    Congrats to your little sis! I can't wait to meet the newest member of the family. Glad to hear Little Son is adjusting so well to college life. I'm LOVING your long hair!! You just so damn pretty, I want to punch you in your boob!!

    I'm SO glad you're back. Keep posting, I've missed you!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your sister!! Glad to hear Little One is adjusting to college and that you do still get to see him from time to time. What a sweet thing your employees did for you and hubby for bosses day.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really LOVING your Italian porcelain tile by Cerdomus in the color Oceano. It's to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you back. The whole house reno-thing is looking good. Glad to hear that your son is enjoying college and a big comgrats to your sister. What a 40th b-day surprise!!!
    Looking forward to lots more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to see you back! I've missed you. Congrats to your sister! Her due date is about a month after mine. I hope she starts feeling better soon.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I converted my fireplace to propane a few years ago and it was a FABULOUS decision. I just love it. I love the tile you picked for your backsplash, and I'm totally jealous of your tub.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey friend!! We missed you and are so glad you are back!! Wow!! Congrats to your sister!! That is a big bday present!! :-) You guys are rolling on the house! Love the tile!! So glad your son is enjoying college and is adjusting. And that boss's card was so sweet!!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! That sounds like a ton of work on the house--and what a fancy bathroom/tub now. Looks great!
    Glad college son is doing well--and coming home often.
    The sign from your employees--priceless!!
    You do not look happy at Target--LOL!
    I have to wait a year to see Walking Dead and Breaking Bad on Netflix so don't tell! ;)
    Took me a while to get here, but glad to see you, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought the same jacket. Go figure. Haha!

    LOVING everything for the bathroom! You are going to have a whole new house.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!