Sunday, January 5, 2014

December (first half)

December started off busy. I am trying to remember the last time I wasn't busy.........

These two crazy kids (my sister and her husband) are having a baby in May.


I traveled to Tulsa at the beginning of December and spent the night with my sisters before taking off to Eureka for our girls' shopping/birthday/Christmas trip.
First, I got to go to D's ultrasound appt. I knew all along (a feeling, I guess) but we found out for sure that it is ..........
 A GIRL!!!!


Mel and I hot tubbed the night before we left. We had built-in chillers!!


We did some lunching and shopping the next morning.


Then we got on the road. The weather has been frightful, to say the least. Ice and snow.


These were the icicles on one of the buildings in Eureka.
When we got there it was cold! It only got colder and the 2 inches of ice they had with all the snow over it made driving and walking pretty scary. My car drives great on ice and snow but hills and ice make walking very difficult.



We enjoyed some extra dirty martinis (too much olive juice = puffy lips and eyes in the am)


Here is a tip: Don't eat yellow snow.


Heading out for some shopping.



The view from our cottage.



Early to Mid December.........

I am back to growing my hair out. This drastic cut was a huge mistake and although I get lots of compliments on it, I just don't care for it. I wore it this short for years but once I got it to a certain length, I loved it. I just have to stop making snap decisions. Luckily, my hair grows fast!


We had a great year at work. Showed our appreciation with Christmas bonuses.


 Had a few date nights with my husband...


 I went with jewel tones for the living room tree. My favorite look by far.



 Dining room decor......



































7 comments:

  1. FUNNY!!!!!!!!! I've missed you! You and Mel!!!

    Great pictures! What fun hot tubbing in the snowy weather!

    I love your jewel tone tree......I've been doing a red and green (lighter modern green) tree for a couple of years. I think I would love jewel tone. You have such a knack for decorating!!!

    Hope to hear more from your funny mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So prettily decorated! How exciting to have a new niece arriving soon! Wow, those were some big icicles! I hope 2014 is a kind year to you and your family! Happy New Year!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats (again) to your sister..... YaY! for girls!

    Your girls weekend looks like a fabulous time. I really need to schedule one for me and my girlfriends. It's been too long.

    Hoping that ALL that snow you have goes away real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weather is frightful here too. Congrats to your sister. Loved your trees and dining room décor. Just lovely. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing pictures of you and your sisters spending time together. =)

    Happy New Year!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always happy to see you on here.
    Love the Christmas decorations.
    I did the same thing with my hair and now I regret it. Can't wait for it to grow out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! A girl! Boys are fine but girls are finer. :)

    Love the Christmas decor. I love the jewels tones also but I really love your dining room tree!
    If we got that kind of snow here the whole city would curl up and die. Seriously. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!