Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday

We woke up to a bit of snow yesterday and by noon, we had a mini blizzard. I realize that a foot of snow means nothing to some of the places that have 5 feet but to us it basically shuts down the town. We stayed open. My car and my husband's drive really well on snow so went on in to work. We ran with a very minimal crew and closed by 4pm but the day wasn't bad.
We hired a new snowplow service last week and I fired them today day. He acted like he was on something and did a terrible job. And he didn't show up until we had cars on the lot. 5 am is when we need them.
While one of our customers was having breakfast and I noticed a shovel on the front of his truck and asked him if he did any snow removal. He said that he did and was happy for our business.


No, I didn't park in the garage. 
Someone asked me how long it took me to clean this.
About 10 minutes and with the car running, it all melted off as I drove.
I do have remote start and I use it daily.


I bought this coat at Eddie Bauer during the Black Friday sales for half off. It is by far, the lightest and warmest coat I own.


 The views at work




This was the back deck when I got home yesterday at 5.


Here is the deck today. Many dog feets and we have sunshine but don't be fooled.  Our windchill was 25 below.


Here is the temp.
Needless to say, I am INSIDE writing blog posts and cleaning house today.

This week my goal is to get the house completely put back together (no more Christmas decor) and cleaned.
What are you up to?

8 comments:

  1. How funny! I just posted about our weather, too. Brrrrr!!! Glad I'm part penguin! =)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis whole post makes me cold. STAY WARM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot more snow than we did. We got about 2 inches yesterday, but it's freaking cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your temps are so much worse than ours! I was whining (a lot) because our low today was 7. Fortunately we haven't had much snow yet. I'm just hoping it stays that way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you got all the snow we got too. And all those frigid temps. I'm staying inside and keeping warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, look at all that snow!! Love your coat! All I can say is, stay as warm as you can and think of that Hawaii trip coming up in 400 days.

    Not doing much here this week except for the usual work rut.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. We "only" got 10 inches. I haven't been out of the house since Saturday... am venturing out today when the temps climb a bit more. Can you say cabin fever? You were smart to fire the snow plow guy immediately. And it worked out well! Happy New Year. What a start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey hey!! It is bizarre that I admit this, but I am envious of your snow! We were told we were getting it, and only got stinking frigid temps! The car thermometer read 1 degree this morning. Just cold - no snow...

    So very good to hear from Funny again!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!