Thursday, January 22, 2015

January

Hey! It's a new year.
This year, so far, my goal has been to stay on top of chores and errands, stop procrastinating so much and clear out clutter and rarely used items. I took 6 bags of shoes and clothes to a local consignment store and even sold a few pairs of Uggs. I went through my hair and makeup products and my vast bath/lotion collection. Even after narrowing it all down, I still want to make a sweep through it in a couple months to see if I can make another dent. I will never be the girl with 2 blushes and 3 lipglosses but do I need 97 taupe eyeshadows?? NO! (I love them all)

After counting the days on Instagram (if you follow me, forgive me for the endless beach photos, but we rarely take vacations) we are down to 18 days before Hawaii. We have all of clothes we need, they have been washed and hung in the guestroom, new luggage, cute new luggage tags (mine is a llama) and slowly I have collected all of the travel things we will need. A tiny flat iron, mini clothing steamer and baby hairdryer (he saw them on tv and insisted I needed them) will save room in our bags for important things (like shoes) My husband has at least 4 pair to bring (and he feels like that is too many). We picked up our travel papers last Friday and now all I need to do is make lists, pack and make myself sick worrying about the flight. I hatehatehate flying. The tight seating, the freezing air blowing on me, being in a small metal tube in the sky for 9ish hours. So much anxiety. I have a new ipad with lots of movies and shows on it, some new books, a new fleece jacket and compression pants (my ankles always swell) and new Uggs. I have music and magazines and my cute husband to talk to where he cannot get busy and have to get up. I really don't want to have to take Xanax and go to sleep like last time but that is a lot of time to be awake and thinking about all the ways I could die in the air. We shall see.

I was making a list of makeup and beauty products to bring on our trip and decided to write a post on my very favorites. Since this post ended up being longer than I wanted, I will work on the next one and get it up by Monday. I cannot promise that I will blog much this year. With the kids gone and work being busy, there isn't a lot to write about. We had a quiet Thanksgiving (only one child could come, the other was working) and a even quieter Christmas, although very nice, and are off to another good year. I am going to stay as positive as possible but as always, there are issues with kids and work and everything in between. 

We had 2 new babies join the family last year, Greta was born in May and Louis in November. Another baby girl is due in April and I get lots of texts and photos to keep me up to date with them. 

I turned 45 last month, got a new wedding band and engagement ring as an upgrade for our 20th anniversary.  I got 4 inches cut off my hair, a nice bob, did not lose any of the weight I planned to and became a little obsessed with trying to make my skin look the best it can. 

I hope most of you are still out there somewhere and doing well!

5 comments:

  1. Something to look forward to with your trip!! Sounds fun, once you get there; I too do not like to fly, so I understand that part as well. How fun with the new babies in the family! Keeps everyone young I think!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been doing a lot of purging and packing prep and that you will be ready to go. I hope you can get really absorbed in a book or some movies to get your mind off being in the air. Bet your hair looks cute in a bob and that you will be one of the best dressed couples in Hawaii. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY Belated Birthday and Anniversary. How exciting about the trip. Have a wonderful time. It sounds like everything is falling into place for you this year. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to see this post!! 18 days!! So freaking exciting! I can't wait to see pics from your trip!! You guys deserve to go off and enjoy yourselves!! I love that you are pretty much packed already!! Guess you don't need warm weather clothes where you are right now. :-) Would love to see what beauty products you are taking with you. Your husband cracked me up with the camo makeup comment. :-) Happy Friday!! xoxo

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back! I really wish I had time to purge all the crap in this house that we don't use or need. That may happen in the next five years. But in that time I will buy a bunch more crap.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!