Friday, April 10, 2015

Maui- Days 1 & 2

Hawaii- Maui



Early morning flight


short flight to Phoenix

Finally! (the flight from Phoenix was delayed because of too much fuel/weight)
Picking up the Jeep, weather is changing fast
Driving to the hotel (80 degrees and rain is better than the weather we were used to)
Wailea is a beautiful area
We stayed at the Grand Wailea resort


Open air lobby, see the rain?

Walking to our room

Our view from the balcony


The bathroom


It cleared up in time for dinner



One of many elevator selfies



Bistro Molokini - fish tacos and pizza

 
Banana split boat for dessert- chocolate-dipped locally grown bananas, Tahitian vanilla ice cream, Maui pineapple sauce, chocolate sauce and macadamia nuts with whipped cream served in a pineapple boat

Day 2

Got up early to walk on the beach

Our resort was right on the beach.








The early morning was cloudy and we had some rain but that didn't matter to us. You cannot really be mad in Hawaii.

coffee on the balcony


Breakfast







The lobby was so beautiful (and it was still raining)




We did some shopping and exploring at the resort

For the record- I didn't buy anything (here)

Then we got the Jeep and headed to Paia.






I want these palms in MY yard!!



Lunch at Milagro's (and day drinking), the best Mexican food!!!

Traffic in Maui is a bit crazy. The highway was very busy but traffic speed was decent. Parking in Paia was difficult so we parked and walked everywhere.


I shopped a bit- this came home with me

Not much traffic later in the day

Dinner on the 2nd night was Jack in the Box. I had taken a nap (in a tank top and shorts) late in the day and as I slept, I kept itching. First my arms and then my legs and then my head and face. R said I kicked him several times (he was watching a movie while I snoozed) and finally, the itching got so bad I jumped up out of bed and started ripping the sheets off the bed. R thought I had lost my mind. Under the sheets, I found the culprit A FEATHER DUVET! and feather pillows as well. I yelled "feathers!!" (I had a similar problem in Eureka Springs years ago which involved my eyes swelling shut and not being able to breathe) It hadn't bothered me the first night because it was raining and chilly and I was wearing a long-sleeved shirt and long pj pants plus socks. The feathers had too many layers between us but this time, it was bad. I felt like I was itching to my soul so I took a hot bath, a Benadryl and R called housekeeping to remake the bed. They were very nice about it. We had missed dinner and my hair was crazy after my scrubdown so we hit up the only place that was open (the shake was good, the rest was cold and terrible)





Next up: Days 3 and 4 which involve sunshine and beaches- oh my!












4 comments:

  1. Beautiful area you were in at Hawaii! Always love the pictures of the two of you! Sorry about the feather! Happy 20th (belated) anniversary :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even in the rain it looks like paradise. To have an ocean view so wonderful and a balcony to see it from amazing. Looks like you had fun exploring. Thank god your allergic reaction was not more serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks just gorgeous there--even when it's raining and storming! So sorry about the feathers. From your reaction I guess I'm glad mine is just sneezing, burning-watery eyes, and a runny nose. Can hardly wait to see the rest of your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, having some serious envy over here!! Even with the rain it's still beautiful! Loving your fedora and that RM bag! xoxo

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Show some love♥ leave a comment

Awards I Have Received:

Awards I Have Received:
Thanks Janet!

Thank You Stacey!

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)

Premios Dardo (Top Dart)
Thank You Angela!

Thanks Deanna!

Splash Award

Splash Award
Thanks Stacey!

Meme Award

Meme Award
Thank You Stacey

Thank You Wife O Riley!

Thank You Cindi!

Thank you Stacey!

Thanks Stacey!

Thanks Katie!